Pharo6 ombu-session files in pharo-local

Pharo6 ombu-session files in pharo-local

Holger Freyther
Hi,

as part of moving a test image from Pharo5 to Pharo6 I also noticed that on each start a new "ombu-session" folder will be created (and never cleaned up). For a server-side deployment this is quite unfortunate as I want/need to use a fixed amount of disk space.

I think Norbert has similar concerns with this feature. We are using "image-launch" to run the image and then either systemd|monit|runit|kubernetes will execute (and re-execute) image-launch. So potentially many many folders are created and never used.

On deployments with many images, it is rare to make online changes and even more rare to try to recover them. Would it be possible to create the underlying storage or disable it completely?

thank you
        holger

Re: Pharo6 ombu-session files in pharo-local

CyrilFerlicot
Le 15/04/2017 à 10:24, Holger Freyther a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> as part of moving a test image from Pharo5 to Pharo6 I also noticed that on each start a new "ombu-session" folder will be created (and never cleaned up). For a server-side deployment this is quite unfortunate as I want/need to use a fixed amount of disk space.
>
> I think Norbert has similar concerns with this feature. We are using "image-launch" to run the image and then either systemd|monit|runit|kubernetes will execute (and re-execute) image-launch. So potentially many many folders are created and never used.
>
> On deployments with many images, it is rare to make online changes and even more rare to try to recover them. Would it be possible to create the underlying storage or disable it completely?
>

> thank you
> holger

Hi Holger,

`ombu-session ` is the directory used by epicea to log all the changes
of the application by session of coding. It will contains the same
informations that the .changes file.

It cannot be cleanup because we do not want to lose those logs since we
might need them to recover lost changes.

In deployment you can disable Epicea.

`EpMonitor current disable`

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu
2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: Pharo6 ombu-session files in pharo-local

Stephane Ducasse-3
Yes this is what we want to do to help the deployment aspect of Pharo. But this is work in perspective.
Once we will have something we will ask you to try and let us know if this is working for you.

Laste year I started to check because I wanted a silent Pharo: no hidden writing on files but the changes got lost.