[Pharo8-api-change] announcer for model

HilaireFernandes
Hi,

Now Model are required to understand announcer, for example in:

UITheme>>newTextEntryIn: aThemedMorph for: aModel get: getSel set:
setSel class: aClass getEnabled: enabledSel help: helpText

What is the rational behind, should my model be subclass of Model (which
I prefer not) or implement announcer? Then, how should it be cleanup?

The RubPLuggableText* classes replacement breaks my code in two places.

In P8 I see these classes are in Compatibility-toBeDEprecated package..

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: [Pharo8-api-change] announcer for model

HilaireFernandes

Le 26/02/2020 à 19:19, Hilaire a écrit :
> Now Model are required to understand announcer, for example in:
>
> UITheme>>newTextEntryIn: aThemedMorph for: aModel get: getSel set:
> setSel class: aClass getEnabled: enabledSel help: helpText
>
> What is the rational behind, should my model be subclass of Model (which
> I prefer not) or implement announcer? Then, how should it be cleanup?
>
> The RubPLuggableText* classes replacement breaks my code in two places.

These two were easy to fix by adding an anouncer to the model.

All in all, so far I did not see much breaks, only one with Glamour
Presenter not easy top fix as GLM is a hard to understand for me.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/drgeo/+bugs?field.tag=pharo8

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu