PharoADO

eftomi
Dear all,

A working prototype of PharoADO is now available at
https://github.com/eftomi/pharo-ado. I'd be glad if you can find the time to
test it and report your observations to this list or on the GitHub. PRs are
welcome and much needed :-)

Firstly, I would like to focus on various database data types. When using
ADOClient and ADORecordset, the availability of data types heavily depends
from PharoWin32/PharoCOM packages, so we have to update both repositories
:-)

The PharoADO package is not huge after all, since ActiveX Data Objects
itself is an abstraction layer and provides much of the needed
functionalities by itself.

Best wishes,
Tomaz

Re: PharoADO

Guillermo Polito
Thanks Tomaz! This is great :)

Nice docs too!

> El 15 oct 2019, a las 21:36, eftomi <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
> Dear all,
>
> A working prototype of PharoADO is now available at
> https://github.com/eftomi/pharo-ado. I'd be glad if you can find the time to
> test it and report your observations to this list or on the GitHub. PRs are
> welcome and much needed :-)
>
> Firstly, I would like to focus on various database data types. When using
> ADOClient and ADORecordset, the availability of data types heavily depends
> from PharoWin32/PharoCOM packages, so we have to update both repositories
> :-)
>
> The PharoADO package is not huge after all, since ActiveX Data Objects
> itself is an abstraction layer and provides much of the needed
> functionalities by itself.
>
> Best wishes,
> Tomaz

Re: PharoADO

eftomi
Hi, I'm going systematically through all Glorp tests with PharoADO on SQL
Server and Oracle. The majority is green, but here's the current list of
reds, FYI:

GlorpCacheTest
GlorpTimedExpiryCacheTest
GlorpTimedStrongCacheTest
GlorpDictionaryMappingErrorTest
GlorpDictionaryMappingTest
GlorpDirectMappingTest
GlorpFilteredInheritanceTest
GlorpHorizontalInheritanceTest
GlorpMatchDeleteInsertTest
GlorpNoProxyCollectionReadTest (red on Oracle, green on SQL Server)
InheritanceQueryTest

Where should I focus firstly? Since my time is scarce :-|

Best wishes,
Tomaz

Re: PharoADO

eftomi
It was not so bad as it looked - all tests under Glorp-Tests-Tests are now
green for Oracle and SQL Server.

There are some reds under Database and DatabaseTypes, but they seem
manageable to resolve. I hope I can publish a first reliable release soon
:-)

Best wishes,
Tomaz

Re: PharoADO

eftomi
> A question: is PharoCOM and PharoWin32 usable in Pharo 32 bits and 64 bits
on Windows or is it a 32 bit thing?

I haven't tried it yet. Here's a discussion about that:
http://forum.world.st/Microsoft-COM-td5002594.html

Best wishes
Tomaz