PharoByExample Announcements chapter

Peter Uhnak
Hi,

shouldn't there be Announcements chapter in the new PharoByExampleUpdated book?
Because I don't see it there and I think it should be there, since currently I don't see any authoritative source of information for people about Announcements.

Thanks,
Peter

Re: PharoByExample Announcements chapter

kilon.alios
I dont know. That will depend on how useful Announcements are. I have not seen them used so heavily in Pharo. Also it will depend whether PBE should be considered a begineers book. I think it would be better if we keep it a begineers book and have another book called "Advanced Pharo By Example" for more advanced topics like Announcements etc.

On the other hand that’s all typical stuff, the important thing is to document Announcements.

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 1:19 AM Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

shouldn't there be Announcements chapter in the new PharoByExampleUpdated book?
Because I don't see it there and I think it should be there, since currently I don't see any authoritative source of information for people about Announcements.

Thanks,
Peter

Re: PharoByExample Announcements chapter

stepharo
I'm not happy with the announcements description.
I think that it is important to present patterns because Announcements
are simple but their use
is not.