[PharoCasts] Athens + NativeBoost how to

[PharoCasts] Athens + NativeBoost how to

Hans Baveco

Hi,

I tried to get Athens working (windows) following the instructions in http://www.pharocasts.com/2012/06/athens-and-native-boost-at-work.html

Wasn’t successful, maybe because things have changed in the meantime? (for instance, couldn’t find a TCairoLibrary class, etc). Tried with both 1.4 and 2.0 beta, both with the latest NBCog vm, and with Athens 1.1 and 1.2....

Are there any updated instructions available somewhere, to get Cairo/Athens working? (I am in the first place interested in Cairo)

TIA

Hans

Re: [PharoCasts] Athens + NativeBoost how to

Stéphane Ducasse
igor can you answer hans?

Stef

On Jan 7, 2013, at 1:21 PM, Baveco, Hans wrote:

> Hi,
> I tried to get Athens working (windows) following the instructions in http://www.pharocasts.com/2012/06/athens-and-native-boost-at-work.html
> Wasn’t successful, maybe because things have changed in the meantime? (for instance, couldn’t find a TCairoLibrary class, etc). Tried with both 1.4 and 2.0 beta, both with the latest NBCog vm, and with Athens 1.1 and 1.2....
>
> Are there any updated instructions available somewhere, to get Cairo/Athens working? (I am in the first place interested in Cairo)
>
> TIA
> Hans

Re: [PharoCasts] Athens + NativeBoost how to

Igor Stasenko
On 7 January 2013 13:21, Baveco, Hans <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to get Athens working (windows) following the instructions in
> http://www.pharocasts.com/2012/06/athens-and-native-boost-at-work.html
>
> Wasn’t successful, maybe because things have changed in the meantime? (for
> instance, couldn’t find a TCairoLibrary class, etc). Tried with both 1.4 and
> 2.0 beta, both with the latest NBCog vm, and with Athens 1.1 and 1.2....
>

> Are there any updated instructions available somewhere, to get Cairo/Athens
> working? (I am in the first place interested in Cairo)

In fresh 2.0 image try:

Gofer it
squeaksource: 'Athens';
package: 'ConfigurationOfAthens';
load.

ConfigurationOfAthens loadVersion: '1.6'

The VM you can take from here:
http://pharo.gforge.inria.fr/ci/vm/nbcog/

(soon we will make pharo vm to include cairo, so you will not need to
download it separately)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: [PharoCasts] Athens + NativeBoost how to

Hans Baveco
Thanks a lot! It looks like it was just the too old version of Athens that prevented things from working...

I will try it ASAP

Hans

--
Best regards,