PharoJ now available for Pharo10

Noury Bouraqadi-2
Hi everyone,

We continue to make progress during our weekly coding sessions. We are glad to announce that this week we made a huge leap forward. Now PharoJS is available for Pharo 10. To install it, run the following script in a Pharo 10 playground

Metacello new
  baseline: 'PharoJS';
  repository: 'github://PharoJS/PharoJS:pharo10';
  load

  repository: 'github://PharoJS/PharoJS:pharo10';
  load

Re: PharoJ now available for Pharo10

Guillermo Polito

Nice!!! I’ve tested my little tic tac toe game and it worked without changing anything !

Re: PharoJ now available for Pharo10

Noury Bouraqadi-2
First screenshot

On Apr 1 2021, at 1:48 pm, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:

> El 1 abr 2021, a las 13:38, Noury Bouraqadi <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> We continue to make progress during our weekly coding sessions. We are glad to announce that this week we made a huge leap forward. Now PharoJS is available for Pharo 10. To install it, run the following script in a Pharo 10 playground
>
> Metacello new
> baseline: 'PharoJS';
> repository: 'github://PharoJS/PharoJS:pharo10';
> load

Nice!!! I’ve tested my little tic tac toe game and it worked without changing anything !

Re: PharoJ now available for Pharo10

Noury Bouraqadi-2
Pavel,

This is issue happens with the development image Pharo 11.
Your project should work just fine on the stable Pharo 10 image ;-)

Noury
On Apr 1 2021, at 5:26 pm, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have tested it, but it translated to JavaScript all code in the Pharo image except the project I wanted. What am I doing wrong? The huge GDPR overlay on every image startup is annoying :-(

-- Pavel

čt 1. 4. 2021 v 13:38 odesílatel Noury Bouraqadi <[hidden email]> napsal:
Hi everyone,

We continue to make progress during our weekly coding sessions. We are glad to announce that this week we made a huge leap forward. Now PharoJS is available for Pharo 10. To install it, run the following script in a Pharo 10 playground

Metacello new
  baseline: 'PharoJS';
  repository: 'github://PharoJS/PharoJS:pharo10';
  load

Re: PharoJ now available for Pharo10

Torsten Bergmann
Hi Pavel,

this is due to the introduction of the JITPITWASMRTTEYP. What might sound like a strange abbreviation in the first place is the new

 "Just in Time Pharo Image to Web Assembly Real Time Translator (Except Your Project)"

that was activated on April 1st in the Pharo VM.

In such an early phase of adoption it for sure has some bugs (especially in JS V8 compatibility mode). For instance I
found a strange NoMoreBitsLeftException today on one of our major platforms:

  https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/issues/8934

Screenshot attached. Anyone able to fix, review, restart CI and integrate it today?

Bye
Torsten (aka astares)

screen.png (240K) Download Attachment

Re: PharoJ now available for Pharo10

Noury Bouraqadi-2
Esteban,

The pharo10 branch of PharoJS is really on GitHub. We are "only" missing Pharo 10 ;-)

Happy Easter Fools !

  load

  repository: 'github://PharoJS/PharoJS:pharo10';
  load

Re: PharoJ now available for Pharo10

Tim Mackinnon
Indeed - me too, very elaborate...

On 1 Apr 2021, at 18:52, Noury Bouraqadi <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

  repository: '<a href="github://PharoJS/PharoJS:pharo10" class="">github://PharoJS/PharoJS:pharo10';
  load