PharoKernel #12217

Pavel Krivanek-3
Hi,

I uploaded a new version of PharoKernel. It has several new properties:
- better scripts processing
- separate dictionaries for images, scripts, reports and downloaded packages
- It is able to load Network, Monticello and Gopher (image included),
however it needs some next fixes to work properly
- ImageMap and ImageGraph included in the archive

https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27699/PharoKernel-1.2-12217.zip

The most important thing that should be done in Pharo is to split
Tests package to be able to load Monticello tests separately.

If Monticello and Gofer will work well then it should be quite simple
to prepare PharoCore Configuration to load the rest of PharoCore.

Cheers,
-- Pavel

Re: PharoKernel #12217

Stéphane Ducasse

On Oct 28, 2010, at 5:05 PM, Pavel Krivanek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I uploaded a new version of PharoKernel. It has several new properties:
> - better scripts processing
> - separate dictionaries for images, scripts, reports and downloaded packages
> - It is able to load Network, Monticello and Gopher (image included),
> however it needs some next fixes to work properly
> - ImageMap and ImageGraph included in the archive
>
> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27699/PharoKernel-1.2-12217.zip
>
> The most important thing that should be done in Pharo is to split
> Tests package to be able to load Monticello tests separately.

Yes
and that they follow the pattern

> If Monticello and Gofer will work well then it should be quite simple
> to prepare PharoCore Configuration to load the rest of PharoCore.

Yes this is the vision but now our problem is to port our integration process to it.
We will certainly changes it anyway because it slows us down (does not scale) but it requires to have a good alternative.

Re: PharoKernel #12217

Pavel Krivanek-3
Hi,

a good new, Gofer works fine for me :-)
...and test results for kernel, network, Monticello and Gofer are quite good.

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 5:52 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 28, 2010, at 5:05 PM, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I uploaded a new version of PharoKernel. It has several new properties:
>> - better scripts processing
>> - separate dictionaries for images, scripts, reports and downloaded packages
>> - It is able to load Network, Monticello and Gopher (image included),
>> however it needs some next fixes to work properly
>> - ImageMap and ImageGraph included in the archive
>>
>> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27699/PharoKernel-1.2-12217.zip
>>
>> The most important thing that should be done in Pharo is to split
>> Tests package to be able to load Monticello tests separately.
>
> Yes
> and that they follow the pattern
>
>> If Monticello and Gofer will work well then it should be quite simple
>> to prepare PharoCore Configuration to load the rest of PharoCore.
>
> Yes this is the vision but now our problem is to port our integration process to it.
> We will certainly changes it anyway because it slows us down (does not scale) but it requires to have a good alternative.

Well, Configurations were always suspicious to me - they do not even
share a common superclass :-)

-- Pavel

> Stef

Re: PharoKernel #12217

Mariano Martinez Peck
So....soon we will be able to prepare a Seaside 30 Pharo Kernel image?  :):):):):):)

Since we have Monticello.... great!!

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 28, 2010, at 5:05 PM, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I uploaded a new version of PharoKernel. It has several new properties:
>> - better scripts processing
>> - separate dictionaries for images, scripts, reports and downloaded packages
>> - It is able to load Network, Monticello and Gopher (image included),
>> however it needs some next fixes to work properly
>> - ImageMap and ImageGraph included in the archive
>>
>> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27699/PharoKernel-1.2-12217.zip
>>
>> The most important thing that should be done in Pharo is to split
>> Tests package to be able to load Monticello tests separately.
>
> Yes
> and that they follow the pattern
>
>> If Monticello and Gofer will work well then it should be quite simple
>> to prepare PharoCore Configuration to load the rest of PharoCore.
>
> Yes this is the vision but now our problem is to port our integration process to it.
> We will certainly changes it anyway because it slows us down (does not scale) but it requires to have a good alternative.

Well, Configurations were always suspicious to me - they do not even
share a common superclass :-)

-- Pavel

> Stef

Re: PharoKernel #12217

Pavel Krivanek-3
In fact the Seaside 3 Configuration was one of the first things I
tested :-) Unfortunatelly I was not successful however it looked
promissing,

-- Pavel