PharoLauncher

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Just starting to play with it... looks cool.

One thing is that I'd like to be able to choose the default image location. It feels wrong to install them under ~/Library/Preferences on the Mac...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: PharoLauncher

Mark Bestley
On 21/11/2013 15:00, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
> Just starting to play with it... looks cool.
>
> One thing is that I'd like to be able to choose the default image location.
> It feels wrong to install them under ~/Library/Preferences on the Mac...

Agreed

However I am confused by the code

createLauncher
        ^ self basicNew
                        setImageRepository: PhLTemplateGroupRepository forSelectedGroups
                        templateRepository: PhLDirectoryBasedImageRepository
inPharoPreferencesDirectory;
                        initialize;
                        yourself

Aren't the parameters of setImage and template the wrong way round? ie
it seems to pass the template dir to the image and vice versa

--
Mark

[launcher] Re: PharoLauncher

Ben Coman
Well spotted.  It is explained by
PharoLauncher>>setImageRepository: aTemplateRepository
templateRepository: anImageRepository
also being wrong and reversed.

If you might like to contribute to PharoLauncher and want to get into
the swing of things,
pharo.fogbugz.com has a 'Launcher' project'where you can log Cases to
which you can attach mcz files.

btw, you might find the various #settingsOn: methods interesting.

btw2, for a while I had been collaborating with Damien in private, but
we recently decided to move this to [pharo-users] and adding a
[launcher] tag.  I've cross-posted there.

cheers -ben

Mark Bestley wrote:

> On 21/11/2013 15:00, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
>> Just starting to play with it... looks cool.
>>
>> One thing is that I'd like to be able to choose the default image
>> location.
>> It feels wrong to install them under ~/Library/Preferences on the Mac...
>>

> Agreed
>

> However I am confused by the code
>
> createLauncher
>     ^ self basicNew
>             setImageRepository: PhLTemplateGroupRepository
> forSelectedGroups
>             templateRepository: PhLDirectoryBasedImageRepository
> inPharoPreferencesDirectory;
>             initialize;
>             yourself
>
> Aren't the parameters of setImage and template the wrong way round? ie
> it seems to pass the template dir to the image and vice versa

Re: PharoLauncher

Damien Cassou
On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM, Mark Bestley <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Aren't the parameters of setImage and template the wrong way round? ie it
> seems to pass the template dir to the image and vice versa

fixed. Thanks

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: PharoLauncher

Damien Cassou
On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
> One thing is that I'd like to be able to choose the default image location.
> It feels wrong to install them under ~/Library/Preferences on the Mac...

done. Please open the launcher, then its preference settings, and
change the directory.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: PharoLauncher

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Damien Cassou wrote
done. Please open the launcher, then its preference settings, and
change the directory.
Cool, thanks!
Cheers,
Sean