PharoLauncher - upgrading to 1.6 on Windows

PharoLauncher - upgrading to 1.6 on Windows

Pharo Smalltalk Developers mailing list
Hello.

I thought I'd try PharoLauncher again after some time and I really have a bad luck with this product.

I have a PharoLauncher version 1.5.1 installed. If I run new 1.6 installer, this error occurs:

"A more recent version of PharoLauncher is already installed on this computer"
https://app.box.com/s/rbn1n12zvx5rvy4zb1s0fujhkbzwvone

"More recent?..." Really?

I uninstalled old version manually of course, but... PharoLauncher can't update itself?

Platform: Windows 10 Pro [1809]

pf

Re: PharoLauncher - upgrading to 1.6 on Windows

Franz Josef Konrad-2
Am 12.02.2019 um 08:17 schrieb Petr Fischer via Pharo-dev:

> PharoLauncher - upgrading to 1.6 on Windows.eml
>
> Betreff:
> PharoLauncher - upgrading to 1.6 on Windows
> Von:
> Petr Fischer <[hidden email]>
> Datum:
> 12.02.2019, 08:17
>
> An:
> [hidden email]
>

> Hello.
>
> I thought I'd try PharoLauncher again after some time and I really have a bad luck with this product.
>
> I have a PharoLauncher version 1.5.1 installed. If I run new 1.6 installer, this error occurs:
>
> "A more recent version of PharoLauncher is already installed on this computer"
> https://app.box.com/s/rbn1n12zvx5rvy4zb1s0fujhkbzwvone
>
> "More recent?..." Really?
>
> I uninstalled old version manually of course, but... PharoLauncher can't update itself?
>
> Platform: Windows 10 Pro [1809]
>
> pf

I had the same problem and deleted the Pharo entries in the registry
manually with regedit. After that I was able to use the installer.

I suspect that the PharoLauncher does not yet contain the correct
version information in the registry or that it is not evaluated correctly.

Franz Josef

Re: PharoLauncher - upgrading to 1.6 on Windows

demarey
Hi Petr,

Thanks for the feedback. I opened a bu entry for it: https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-launcher/issues/310
I'm able to reproduce the problem.
I need to investigate because it looks fine from what I see (see attached screenshots).

Regards,
Christophe