PharoNOS

Torsten Bergmann
Hi,

I just found http://pillarhub.pharocloud.com/hub/mikefilonov/pharonos

Mike: can you comment a little bit on it here on the pharo lists?

Thx
T.

Re: [Pharo-dev] PharoNOS

Torsten Bergmann
Yes, I tried in VirtualBox. Same issues here: used OSProcess to query for the DHCP given
IP address and noticed that AioPlugin is not available. I like that it is a naked Pharo 3.0
image. So I would not preload the command shell - one can easily provide a config in the
config browser for additional things or load an own config via script/network. So one
could adopt to its own needs with a simple additional loading (like switching to themes, logo, ...).

And yes: keyboard layout switching is required.

Really nice! Can the ISO image building get automated so we can have a CI script that
builds an ISO for Pharo 3.0, current 4.0 and others ...

Thx
T.

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 16. Oktober 2014 um 22:07 Uhr
Von: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
An: "Pharo Development List" <[hidden email]>
Betreff: Re: [Pharo-dev] PharoNOS

Downloaded the iso and started a VM.

Works well.

What would be nice:

- a PharoVM with AioPlugin so that CommandShell works nicer.
- a preloaded CommandShell
- a way to configure the keyboard to another layout

and... a Dark/DawnTheme and a wicked cool logo for the background!

Configurations are loading without trouble.

Congratulations on that sweet idea and materialization.

Phil
On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 9:30 PM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:Hi,

I just found http://pillarhub.pharocloud.com/hub/mikefilonov/pharonos[http://pillarhub.pharocloud.com/hub/mikefilonov/pharonos]