PhysicalSizeOnDisk implementation

GLASS mailing list
Hi,

I'm sizing some objects on disk and i got a unexpected result.
(i read the comments on #physicalSizeOnDisk and #physicalSize)

But not sure about the following:
If i have anArray of OrderedCollection --> anArray physicalSizeOnDisk will
included the sum of physicalSizeOnDisk of all OrderedCollections ?

From the methods comments it seems no but from the number i'm seeing it
seems yes.

regards,
bruno

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/GLASS-f1460844.html

Re: PhysicalSizeOnDisk implementation

GLASS mailing list
Hi Bruno,

What numbers are you seeing that don’t match the comments? Can you provide an example? Here is what I see:

topaz 1> level 2
topaz 1> run
| a1 a2 |
a1 := Array with: (OrderedCollection new: 1).
a2 := Array with: (OrderedCollection new: 1000).
a1 physicalSize -> a2 physicalSize.
%
a Association
  key                 32
  value               32
topaz 1> run
| a1 a2 |
a1 := Array with: (OrderedCollection new: 1).
a2 := Array with: (OrderedCollection new: 1000).
a1 physicalSizeOnDisk -> a2 physicalSizeOnDisk
%
a Association
  key                 32
  value               32
topaz 1>

James

On May 26, 2020, at 7:56 AM, BrunoBB via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I'm sizing some objects on disk and i got a unexpected result.
(i read the comments on #physicalSizeOnDisk and #physicalSize)

But not sure about the following:
If i have anArray of OrderedCollection --> anArray physicalSizeOnDisk will
included the sum of physicalSizeOnDisk of all OrderedCollections ?

From the methods comments it seems no but from the number i'm seeing it
seems yes.

regards,
bruno

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/GLASS-f1460844.html

Re: PhysicalSizeOnDisk implementation

GLASS mailing list
James,

My calculations are wrong.

I will research a little bit more to see why i´m getting such a difference
in physicalSize.

Thank you for the exmaple...

regards,
bruno