Pier 1.2 to 2.0 conversion

John Borden
Pier Experts - What all are the changes between older version and Pier 2.0?  I've noticed that HTML needs to be contained within triple curly brackets ({{{<b>like this</b>}}}) - is there anything written that will convert existing Pier 1.2 pages to this?  I've got a wiki with over 5000 pages.
Thanks,
John

Re: Pier 1.2 to 2.0 conversion

Lukas Renggli
It should be possible to export an old Pier and import it into a Pier
2.0. The differendes are minimal, you just need to make sure that you
have loaded all the same plugins. For the HTML changes it depends on
your use of HTML in normal pages: Typically HTML is only used in the
environment/templates, so it should be easy to fix manually.

Lukas

On Wednesday, 2 March 2011, John Borden <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Pier Experts - What all are the changes between older version and Pier 2.0?  I've noticed that HTML needs to be contained within triple curly brackets ({{{<b>like this</b>}}}) - is there anything written that will convert existing Pier 1.2 pages to this?  I've got a wiki with over 5000 pages.
> Thanks,
> John

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Pier 1.2 to 2.0 conversion

NorbertHartl

On 02.03.2011, at 08:38, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> It should be possible to export an old Pier and import it into a Pier
> 2.0. The differendes are minimal, you just need to make sure that you
> have loaded all the same plugins. For the HTML changes it depends on
> your use of HTML in normal pages: Typically HTML is only used in the
> environment/templates, so it should be easy to fix manually.

And check that you change the occurrences of "+value:children+" to "*value:children*"

Norbert