Pier 2.0 one-click-image is broken on piercms.com

Pier 2.0 one-click-image is broken on piercms.com

mikefilonov
Hello,

I’m not sure if this is a right place to write about, but I have just found that Pier 2.0 image is broken on official piercms site.
I get the "NonBooleanReceiver" when I try to access any page of Pier.

The thing is that I use this link at Image Store of http://pharocloud.com and now Pier can’t start because of this.

I’ll be very pleased to know who is responsible for images availble on the site. Thank you for your help beforehand! And Happy New Year :)

Re: Pier 2.0 one-click-image is broken on piercms.com

Damien Cassou
piercms.com is not maintained unfortunately.

You should probably use an image from https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Pier3/

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 9:51 AM, mikefilonov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I’m not sure if this is a right place to write about, but I have just found
that Pier 2.0 image is broken on official piercms site.
I get the "NonBooleanReceiver" when I try to access any page of Pier.

The thing is that I use this link at Image Store of http://pharocloud.com
and now Pier can’t start because of this.

I’ll be very pleased to know who is responsible for images availble on the
site. Thank you for your help beforehand! And Happy New Year :)

Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: Pier 2.0 one-click-image is broken on piercms.com

mikefilonov
Hi,

Thank you for your advice. I'll follow it and use the link you provided for Pier3 installation.

Meanwhile I carefully checked the link on piercms.org and I noticed that it points to

http://jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch/

It is a jenkins server and it is updated by someone (Lukas Renggli himself?). And as you may notice Pier2.0 and Pier3.0 were updated 8 days ago.

So I'm a bit curious about this server. Is it kind of parallel Pier development? Is it synced with Inria's version? Does anyone have any information about it?

Re: Pier 2.0 one-click-image is broken on piercms.com

Volkert
I downloaded the 3.0 OneClick-Image. But it does not work on OS X (Pier” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.)

BW,
Volkert

On 30.12.2013, at 06:42, mikefilonov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your advice. I'll follow it and use the link you provided for
> Pier3 installation.
>
> Meanwhile I carefully checked the link on piercms.org and I noticed that it
> points to
>
> http://jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch/
>
> It is a jenkins server and it is updated by someone (Lukas Renggli
> himself?). And as you may notice Pier2.0 and Pier3.0 were updated 8 days
> ago.
>
> So I'm a bit curious about this server. Is it kind of parallel Pier
> development? Is it synced with Inria's version? Does anyone have any
> information about it?

www.nivoba.de

"The more complex an object, the larger the investment in learning to use it, and the greater the resistance to abandon it."

Re: Pier 2.0 one-click-image is broken on piercms.com

Stephan Eggermont-3
Volkert wrote:
>I downloaded the 3.0 OneClick-Image. But it does not work on OS X

You are not using the broken version of OS-X, are you? One that has
in the 'Security & Privacy’ Settings, General tab, Allow apps downloaded from:
Mac App Store or Mac App Store and identified developers?

That is a fake security setting that should be set to 'Anywhere’.

Stephan

On 02.01.2014, at 18:05, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Volkert wrote:
>> I downloaded the 3.0 OneClick-Image. But it does not work on OS X
>
> You are not using the broken version of OS-X, are you? One that has
> in the 'Security & Privacy’ Settings, General tab, Allow apps downloaded from:
> Mac App Store or Mac App Store and identified developers?
>
> That is a fake security setting that should be set to 'Anywhere’.

Stephan, cool. Thanks for the hint. Now it works. :-)

BW,
Volkert