Pier 3? Book tutorial?

senTalker
Hello everyone,

I am have no prior Pier/Magritte knowledge, just some basic Seaside;
so apologies for my stupid questions...

I would like use Pier to write a "book" using its book feature.
Unfortunately I didn't find any tutorial or instructions on how to do
that... Could you point me in the right direction?

Also, I've seen from the ESUG slides that a new version exists
(Pier3). Is it released? Or still in development?

Many thanks in advance,

Sebastian

Re: Pier 3? Book tutorial?

Nick
Hi Sebastian,

Yes Pier 3 is released. You can install it with:

Gofer it
squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
package: 'ConfigurationOfPier3AddOns';
load.
ConfigurationOfPier3AddOns load

then browse to localhost:8080/piersetup - one of the templates is a book template. You can choose to include the sample content of start from a blank book. I'd recommend you have a look at the book with sample content and get an idea for the kind of markup available.

Hope this is enough to get you started. Let us know how you get again

Cheers

Nick

On 5 September 2012 20:35, Sebastian Nozzi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am have no prior Pier/Magritte knowledge, just some basic Seaside;
so apologies for my stupid questions...

I would like use Pier to write a "book" using its book feature.
Unfortunately I didn't find any tutorial or instructions on how to do
that... Could you point me in the right direction?

Also, I've seen from the ESUG slides that a new version exists
(Pier3). Is it released? Or still in development?

Many thanks in advance,

Sebastian

Re: Pier 3? Book tutorial?

senTalker

Thank you! I am downloading it right now, and will follow your instructions.

What happens exactly when I choose a "template"?
Does it mean that this Pier installation is then forever a "book"?
If I wanted to have other content I would need to have more than one installation?

Thanks again,

Sebastian

El 05/09/2012, a las 23:41, Nick Ager escribió:

Hi Sebastian,

Yes Pier 3 is released. You can install it with:

Gofer it
squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
package: 'ConfigurationOfPier3AddOns';
load.
ConfigurationOfPier3AddOns load

then browse to localhost:8080/piersetup - one of the templates is a book template. You can choose to include the sample content of start from a blank book. I'd recommend you have a look at the book with sample content and get an idea for the kind of markup available.

Hope this is enough to get you started. Let us know how you get again

Cheers

Nick

Re: Pier 3? Book tutorial?

senTalker
Hmm... I installed it on a plain Pharo 1.4 image. Maybe this was a mistake, since neither Seaside nor Pier started automatically. Nothing is working on port 8080, and I'm not sure how to get the whole thing started.

Should I have done this in a recent Seaside image instead?

Or how do I kick-start Seaside/Pier?

Thanks,

Sebastian

El 05/09/2012, a las 23:41, Nick Ager escribió:

Hi Sebastian,

Yes Pier 3 is released. You can install it with:

Gofer it
squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
package: 'ConfigurationOfPier3AddOns';
load.
ConfigurationOfPier3AddOns load

then browse to localhost:8080/piersetup - one of the templates is a book template. You can choose to include the sample content of start from a blank book. I'd recommend you have a look at the book with sample content and get an idea for the kind of markup available.

Re: Pier 3? Book tutorial?

Gastón Dall' Oglio
Hello.

Install Seaside first :)

In Pharo, go to World Menu -> Tools -> Configuration Browser. Then select Seaside configuration (Seaside30) and from context menu choose Install configuration.

Regards.

2012/9/5 Sebastian Nozzi <[hidden email]>
[...]

and then go to  World Menu -> Tools -> Seaside Control Panel, and from context menu select Add adaptor...
Then now go to http://localhost:8080/piersetup and have tons of fun :)

HTH.