5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Pier 3

DiegoLont
Hi all,

Now that I am starting to use Pier, I notice several things:
1. The current version of Pier has become a bit unstable. The bugs I have found so far are:
        - The default installation no longer requires you to be logged in to change content. This is because the owner is no longer set by default.
        - The default installation no longer allows you to select a template.
I do not know how much this has to do with the work Damien is doing, but the question arises: who are currently the core team of Pier?

2. The website of Pier is outdated. It still refers to Pier2, the repository of Lucas Renggli, some new add-ons are missing, and several links to examples are no longer working.

3. Also Pier itself could use some new input. I am thinking about a bootstrap packages, that adds a bootstrap template, and allows to add bootstrap components, like a jumbotron, to be added easily, without having to resort to “verbatim”. And maybe there are other things that are missing too.

I am willing to do some work, as I am now using Pier for my website, but I don’t think I can do it without help.

Stephan and I already did some work on the code exporter, so has become more easy:
        - to migrate a Pier site to the current version
        - to develop Pier local, and deploy Pier remote.
We should probably add a screen cast and installation scripts, but then: who will put it on the Pier website?

So who is using Pier also and wants to help get it up to date?

Cheers,
Diego

|

Re: Pier 3

Sergi Reyner
2014-04-29 9:21 GMT+01:00 Diego Lont <[hidden email]>:
1. The current version of Pier has become a bit unstable. The bugs I have found so far are:
        - The default installation no longer requires you to be logged in to change content. This is because the owner is no longer set by default.

- There are no links to the settings components
- File Settings don´t work
- Image Persistency options don´t work (I may be making this one up, can´t check now).

3. Also Pier itself could use some new input. I am thinking about a bootstrap packages, that adds a bootstrap template, and allows to add bootstrap components, like a jumbotron, to be added easily, without having to resort to “verbatim”. And maybe there are other things that are missing too.

That sounds sweet :)

Stephan and I already did some work on the code exporter, so has become more easy:
We should probably add a screen cast and installation scripts, but then: who will put it on the Pier website?

I am using Pier (the one click image from lukas, though) for my personal websites (which are quite abandoned) and an intranet site which I´m building at work. I´d like to contribute something if I can, however my quality time in front of my home computer is quite limited. Nevertheless, I´ll try and sit down to at least take a good look at the code.

Cheers,
Sergi

|

John Borden
Hi Diego and Sergi - I've been working off of Smalltalkhub, which seems to be where the Jenkins server is looking (https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Pier3Addons/).  The images there make it easy to test Pier Editor changes (the WSYWIG editor is also in need of repair), using a design chooser can make it more of what you expect.
Thanks,
John

On Apr 29, 2014, at 7:06 AM, Sergi Reyner wrote:

2014-04-29 9:21 GMT+01:00 Diego Lont <[hidden email]>:

- There are no links to the settings components
- File Settings don´t work
- Image Persistency options don´t work (I may be making this one up, can´t check now).

That sounds sweet :)

I am using Pier (the one click image from lukas, though) for my personal websites (which are quite abandoned) and an intranet site which I´m building at work. I´d like to contribute something if I can, however my quality time in front of my home computer is quite limited. Nevertheless, I´ll try and sit down to at least take a good look at the code.

Cheers,
Sergi

|

Dusty
In reply to this post by DiegoLont
I use Pier extensively. I use Pier3 on Pharo1.4
I have come across some of the bugs mentioned.
I'd love to see Pier under more development, and I'd like to help (with what little time I have).

On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:25 AM, DiegoLont [via Smalltalk] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I do not know how much this has to do with the work Damien is doing, but the question arises: who are currently the core team of Pier?

2. The website of Pier is outdated. It still refers to Pier2, the repository of Lucas Renggli, some new add-ons are missing, and several links to examples are no longer working.

I am willing to do some work, as I am now using Pier for my website, but I don’t think I can do it without help.

Cheers,
Diego

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.world.st/Pier-3-tp4756921.html
To start a new topic under Magritte, Pier and Related Tools, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Magritte, Pier and Related Tools, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

riverdusty
In reply to this post by DiegoLont
Hi!

I use Pier extensively. I use Pier3 on Pharo1.4
I have come across some of the bugs mentioned.
I'd love to see Pier under more development, and I'd like to help (with what little time I have).

KR
Dusty

Hi all,

3. Also Pier itself could use some new input. I am thinking about a bootstrap packages, that adds a bootstrap template, and allows to add bootstrap components, like a jumbotron, to be added easily, without having to resort to ?verbatim?. And maybe there are other things that are missing too.

I am willing to do some work, as I am now using Pier for my website, but I don?t think I can do it without help.

Cheers,
Diego
--
Gareth Cox
IT Manager/Developer
i
nspired
!

cell: +27 (0)78 374 9035