Pier Admin

Nick
Hi,

Pier Admin - a new administration UI for Pier - has progressed enough to be given a wider audience.

(be gentle it's a shared resource - any edits you make will be seen be all others).

I've also recorded a short demo, illustrating some of it's features - http://vimeo.com/32749535.

Install with:

Gofer it
renggli: 'pier2addons';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfPierAdmin';
  load.

ConfigurationOfPierAdmin loadBleedingEdge.

Hope it's of interest

Nick

Re: Pier Admin

Nick
(be gentle it's a shared resource - any edits you make will be seen be all others).

Note:
1) I've not attempted to make any edits/comments/new content persistent on pieradmin.seasidehosting.st
2) File upload didn't work out of the box on seasidehosting.st however it should work on a local installation.

Re: Pier Admin

Tudor Girba-2
This looks pretty cool!

Doru

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 12:28 AM, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I've put a demo site up on seasidehosting.st
>> - http://pieradmin.seasidehosting.st
>> (be gentle it's a shared resource - any edits you make will be seen be all
>> others).
>
> Note:
> 1) I've not attempted to make any edits/comments/new content persistent on
> pieradmin.seasidehosting.st
> 2) File upload didn't work out of the box on seasidehosting.st however it
> should work on a local installation.

www.tudorgirba.com
"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Pier Admin

drush66
On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 10:43 PM, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Pier Admin - a new administration UI for Pier - has progressed enough to be given a wider audience.

(be gentle it's a shared resource - any edits you make will be seen be all others).

I've also recorded a short demo, illustrating some of it's features - http://vimeo.com/32749535.

demo looks very nice! Can it also be used with existing Pier installations?

Davorin Rusevljan

Re: Pier Admin

Nick
demo looks very nice! Can it also be used with existing Pier installations?

I've only tested it on latest Pier code. To be safe I think you'd need to update you existing installation to the latest Pier code.
Pier Admin is simply a wrapper around Pier so once you have an updated Pier Kernel you associate your kernel with a Pier Admin instance in /config and you can administer you Pier app using Pier Admin.

Re: Pier Admin

Nick
Hi Doru

This looks pretty cool!

Thanks. Though you should take some credit for the look of the sample book kernel as it's based on the moose book [1] CSS - see acknowledgement [2]