Pier Blog has uneven behavior

LawsonEnglish
  Hey, helping a friend with his blog at: http://www.morphle.com:8204
and he's noticed that sometimes, when he goes to a specific blog entry,
he enters the page at the top and sometimes at the bottom. Is this a
random behavior or based on some cookie that is set or...?

Thanks,

Lawson

Re: Pier Blog has uneven behavior

Lukas Renggli
The default script that Pier includes sets the focus to the first
Magritte form field. That's convenient for many setups but doesn't
work for all designs. I suspect that you better remove the script from
the seaside config of the pier app.

Lukas

On Saturday, August 28, 2010, Lawson English <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hey, helping a friend with his blog at: http://www.morphle.com:8204   and he's noticed that sometimes, when he goes to a specific blog entry, he enters the page at the top and sometimes at the bottom. Is this a random behavior or based on some cookie that is set or...?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Lawson

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

  On 8/28/10 8:37 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
> The default script that Pier includes sets the focus to the first
> Magritte form field. That's convenient for many setups but doesn't
> work for all designs. I suspect that you better remove the script from
> the seaside config of the pier app.
Thanks Lukas.

lawson

Re: Pier Blog has uneven behavior

LawsonEnglish
  To be honest, someone else was working on the blog-specific stuff but
they had a vacation scheduled starting a few days ago. Unfortunately,
the horror festival is Monday, and I'm clueless about Pier at this point.

What do you mean by "remove the script from the seaside config of the
pier app?" I've looked at the config/pier page and not sure what I am
supposed to remove.

Sheepishly, Lawson

On 8/28/10 8:37 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> The default script that Pier includes sets the focus to the first
> Magritte form field. That's convenient for many setups but doesn't
> work for all designs. I suspect that you better remove the script from
> the seaside config of the pier app.
>
> Lukas
>
> On Saturday, August 28, 2010, Lawson English<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>   Hey, helping a friend with his blog at: http://www.morphle.com:8204   and he's noticed that sometimes, when he goes to a specific blog entry, he enters the page at the top and sometimes at the bottom. Is this a random behavior or based on some cookie that is set or...?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Lawson

Re: Pier Blog has uneven behavior

Lukas Renggli
I don't have an image at hand to check, but I think it must be the
(only) libray class starting with the prefix PR*.

Lukas

On Saturday, August 28, 2010, Lawson English <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  To be honest, someone else was working on the blog-specific stuff but they had a vacation scheduled starting a few days ago. Unfortunately, the horror festival is Monday, and I'm clueless about Pier at this point.
>
> What do you mean by "remove the script from the seaside config of the pier app?" I've looked at the config/pier page and not sure what I am supposed to remove.
>
> Sheepishly, Lawson
>
> On 8/28/10 8:37 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
> The default script that Pier includes sets the focus to the first
> Magritte form field. That's convenient for many setups but doesn't
> work for all designs. I suspect that you better remove the script from
> the seaside config of the pier app.
>
> Lukas
>
> On Saturday, August 28, 2010, Lawson English<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>   Hey, helping a friend with his blog at: http://www.morphle.com:8204   and he's noticed that sometimes, when he goes to a specific blog entry, he enters the page at the top and sometimes at the bottom. Is this a random behavior or based on some cookie that is set or...?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Lawson

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Pier Blog has uneven behavior

John McKeon
I think you want to remove PRJavascriptSupport.
On the *Seaside* config page for the Pier app, about halfway down, under General heading, you should see the libraries listed. Click the configure button to remove the above.

HTH
John

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't have an image at hand to check, but I think it must be the
(only) libray class starting with the prefix PR*.

Lukas

On Saturday, August 28, 2010, Lawson English <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  To be honest, someone else was working on the blog-specific stuff but they had a vacation scheduled starting a few days ago. Unfortunately, the horror festival is Monday, and I'm clueless about Pier at this point.
>
> What do you mean by "remove the script from the seaside config of the pier app?" I've looked at the config/pier page and not sure what I am supposed to remove.
>
> Sheepishly, Lawson
>
> On 8/28/10 8:37 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
> The default script that Pier includes sets the focus to the first
> Magritte form field. That's convenient for many setups but doesn't
> work for all designs. I suspect that you better remove the script from
> the seaside config of the pier app.
>
> Lukas
>
> On Saturday, August 28, 2010, Lawson English<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>   Hey, helping a friend with his blog at: http://www.morphle.com:8204   and he's noticed that sometimes, when he goes to a specific blog entry, he enters the page at the top and sometimes at the bottom. Is this a random behavior or based on some cookie that is set or...?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Lawson

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

http://john-mckeon.us/pier
http://john-mckeon.us/footballpool  (login: guest/football)

  On 8/28/10 3:23 PM, John McKeon wrote:
> I think you want to remove PRJavascriptSupport.
> On the *Seaside* config page for the Pier app, about halfway down,
> under General heading, you should see the libraries listed. Click the
> configure button to remove the above.

That did the trick, thanks!

Lawson