Pier - Changing CSS Class

John Borden
All,
Lately, I've been attempting to make PRTables have a borders around
them.  If I create a CSS file for table with class 'hasborden' by
adding the following to the top of PRTable>>accept:

         (aVisitor isKindOf: PRRenderer) ifTrue: [aVisitor renderer
table attributes addClass: 'hasborder'].

then PRTables are displayed with the CSS class of 'hasborder' and is
displayed correctly, and other tables do not have borders (exactly
what I want!).  Is there a better way to this sort of thing, I have
several similar changes, and I want to limit the amount of really bad
smalltalk.

Thanks,
John

Re: Pier - Changing CSS Class

Lukas Renggli
Assuming that all tables of the page contents should have borders, you
just have to make sure that the document is always rendered within a
well known DIV element. Like this you do not need to change the code
and just add a new CSS rule to your style-sheet:

/* all tables within the .contents should have a border */
.contents table { border: 1px solid black; }

Does that help?

Cheers,
Lukas

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 4:37 AM, John Borden <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
> Lately, I've been attempting to make PRTables have a borders around them.
>  If I create a CSS file for table with class 'hasborden' by adding the
> following to the top of PRTable>>accept:
>
>        (aVisitor isKindOf: PRRenderer) ifTrue: [aVisitor renderer table
> attributes addClass: 'hasborder'].
>
> then PRTables are displayed with the CSS class of 'hasborder' and is
> displayed correctly, and other tables do not have borders (exactly what I
> want!).  Is there a better way to this sort of thing, I have several similar
> changes, and I want to limit the amount of really bad smalltalk.
>
> Thanks,
> John

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Pier - Advanced Search

John Borden
All,
Is anyone aware of an advanced search for pier, such as case
sensitive, boolean (this phrase and/or/but-not that phrase), date
related, etc?  If not, I'll start looking into adding it to the
PRFullTextSearch class.
Thanks,
John

Re: Pier - Advanced Search

Lukas Renggli
> Is anyone aware of an advanced search for pier, such as case sensitive,
> boolean (this phrase and/or/but-not that phrase), date related, etc?  If
> not, I'll start looking into adding it to the PRFullTextSearch class.

There was once a student project on that topic:
<http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog/sebmat>.

Their source code is here <http://www.squeaksource.com/PierTools>, but
it presumably needs some fixes to run in the latest version of Pier.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Pier - Advanced Search

John Borden
Thanks Lukas, but only code in PierTools is Pier-AdminTools and
PierTools.  PRAdminQuery looks somewhat promising, but there doesn't
seems to be a way to invoke it.  Any tips?
Thanks,
John

On Mar 30, 2009, at 1:39 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> Is anyone aware of an advanced search for pier, such as case
>> sensitive,
>> boolean (this phrase and/or/but-not that phrase), date related,
>> etc?  If
>> not, I'll start looking into adding it to the PRFullTextSearch class.
>
> There was once a student project on that topic:
> <http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog/sebmat>.
>
> Their source code is here <http://www.squeaksource.com/PierTools>, but
> it presumably needs some fixes to run in the latest version of Pier.
>
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Pier - Advanced Search

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 10:13 PM, John Borden <[hidden email]> wrote:
All,
Is anyone aware of an advanced search for pier, such as case sensitive, boolean (this phrase and/or/but-not that phrase), date related, etc?  If not, I'll start looking into adding it to the PRFullTextSearch class.
Thanks,
John

Yes. Please do!!!  This would be very useful for an application I am making now. So, consider me as a beta tester if you want :)

Cheers,

Mariano

Re: Pier - Advanced Search

cedreek
I just had a quick look...

It seems they refer to an inst var "creation" in PRStructure... Does
such a var existed before ?

Thanks

2009/4/1 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:

> On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 10:13 PM, John Borden <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> All,
>> Is anyone aware of an advanced search for pier, such as case sensitive,
>> boolean (this phrase and/or/but-not that phrase), date related, etc?  If
>> not, I'll start looking into adding it to the PRFullTextSearch class.
>> Thanks,
>> John
>
> Yes. Please do!!!  This would be very useful for an application I am making
> now. So, consider me as a beta tester if you want :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mariano

Cédrick

Re: Pier - Advanced Search

John Borden
Mariano,
There is a first draft of the Advanced Search in Pier-SW2-AdvancedSearch in the Pier Addons.  A short description of it is at:

The picture on that page shows how it could be used in a lightbox.  It was really neat seeing the background page change as the links were clicked, however it crashed after 2 clicks with a Seaside Walkback (WAComponentsNotFoundError: Components not found while processing callbacks:).  I implemented #children in all sorts of ways, but never got it to work right.

Let us know if you can get it to work.
Thanks,
John

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 10:50 PM, John Borden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mariano,
There is a first draft of the Advanced Search in Pier-SW2-AdvancedSearch in the Pier Addons.  A short description of it is at:

Nice men!!! Very good job. Very useful. I could perfectly added to my website.

I have some ideas/notes/questions:

1) In your example: http://smallwiki2.seasidehosting.st/seaside/pier/Changes+for+Pier/Advanced+Search   you have the word "search" as an example. When you do focus there, this is removed. This doesn't happen to me with your widget. I have there what I searched the last time. Wouldn't be better to put "search" as an example, every time I render that component ?

2) In your example, the search is an ajax search. I think it is PRAjaxSearchWidget. But, in your code, PRAdvancedSearchWidget is a subclass of PRSearchWidget. I like more the ajax's one.

3) Suppose I want the final/normal user to customize the search: max items, filters, and so on. Should the user have access to "edit" command of my search component? or It would be better to let customize this in the advanced search in the same way as "case sensitive" or "case insensitive" ???

The picture on that page shows how it could be used in a lightbox.  It was really neat seeing the background page change as the links were clicked, however it crashed after 2 clicks with a Seaside Walkback (WAComponentsNotFoundError: Components not found while processing callbacks:).  I implemented #children in all sorts of ways, but never got it to work right.

Let us know if you can get it to work.

I could reproduce the error. I will try to find the problem. However, know I am still very newbie with Pier and a a little newbie with Seaside haha.

Thanks,

No, thanks to you. Thanks for your work and for sharing this to us.

Cheers,

Mariano

[...]

John Borden: I found a problem with this advanced search addon. Take a clean Pier image. (you can use 1.2 if you want). Add a simple search widget and test it (with results). It will work. Then download package Pier-SW2-Sw1Features and try to search again. You will see that it doesn't work anymore :(

I debug it a bit and I found a problem because the package Pier-SW2-Sw1Features changes:

 PRSearchWidget>>findItems
    "Changed code to replace 'structure' in the below, it was originally root."

    ^ (self context root fullTextSearch subString: self searchText) contents

to:

 PRSearchWidget>>findItems
    "Changed code to replace 'structure' in the below, it was originally root."

    ^ (self context structure fullTextSearch subString: self searchText) contents

As you can see it change from self context root to self context structure. If i change my code by hand and put again root, simple search starts to work again.

Is this correct? should I commit this fix ? how this affect to the advanced search ?

Thanks!

Mariano

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 11:48 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Mariano,
Today, I tried to reproduce the problem with Pier 1.2, and it returned results without error.  The advanced search is a child of PRSearchWidget, the idea was to have all of the searches work from the current structure, not from root.  Can you send some detail on how the search is embedded or anything?  Personally, I think the advanced search looks sharp combined with a lightbox - see

Thanks,
John

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 1:48 AM, John Borden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mariano,
Today, I tried to reproduce the problem with Pier 1.2, and it returned results without error.  The advanced search is a child of PRSearchWidget, the idea was to have all of the searches work from the current structure, not from root.  Can you send some detail on how the search is embedded or anything?

Yes. I did this steps:

1) downloaded Pier 1.2
2) Go to http://localhost:8080/seaside/pier/
3) add command  and create a "Pier search" component
4) Go to component search, and search for "new" and you will get two results. I don't embed it anywhere.
5)

Now. See PRSearchWidget>>findItems
    ^ (self context root fullTextSearch subString: self searchText) contents

And change it to (as it is in your advanced search):

findItems
    ^ (self context structure fullTextSearch subString: self searchText) contents

6) Try search again with "new" and you won't find anything.

So, is this expected? It make more sense to be to search from root so that to search in all the site.

Best,

Mariano

Ok. Suppose I want to search from root. How can I embed or create this component so that self context structure  answers me the root? I create the component being in http://localhost:8080/seaside/pier. What more root can be than that ?

[...]

John: I was just seeing

and I wonder if you could possibly send me two things:

1) the css you use for the lightbox
2) how you declare the advanced search in the header.  I imagine is something like this ++/advancedSearch++

Do I need to have Pier LightBox addon to do exactly what you have there? and I guess I must add SULibrary to my app.

anything more?

Thanks a lot,

Mariano

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

The CSS is at:

The part that is probably interesting is:
div#lightbox {
background: white;
border: 1px solid #0000e8;
padding: 2em;}

Environment is setup as:

The search is a standard PRSearch component, Advanced Search is a page:

 Click on the 'x' to close this.  Search will start searching from the current structure, evaluating each criteria in order.  Click *here>/* to go to the root, and *here>..* to go to the parent.

 +search+

Search is a PRAdvancedSearch component.

Thanks,
John

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 9:37 PM, John Borden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mariano,
The CSS is at:

The part that is probably interesting is:
div#lightbox {
background: white;
border: 1px solid #0000e8;
padding: 2em;}

Environment is setup as:

The search is a standard PRSearch component, Advanced Search is a page:

 Click on the 'x' to close this.  Search will start searching from the current structure, evaluating each criteria in order.  Click *here>/* to go to the root, and *here>..* to go to the parent.

 +search+

Search is a PRAdvancedSearch component.

Thanks a lot John. It worked. The problem is that now I have conflics with the gallery addone that has another lightbox and overlay classes and I don't know how to have them at the same time without problems.

I replied to this in the mail with subject "[ANN] New Pier Gallery"

thanks again