Pier & OB complications

Viktor Svub-2
I've loaded OmniBrowser and Pier 1.0.4a via SqueakMap and the web part
is working, but i get several errors if trying to use the 'PierBrowser':
1. the browser can view the kernel, but the menus for the upper
(selection) panes are broken -> either the right-button click, or click
on the scrollbar-icon throws "MessageNotUnderstood: MenuIcons
class>>inspectIcon".
2. I'm not able to accept the edited page content (in the "OBPluggable
Text" pane - i'm not sure if it's a bug or a not-yet-implemented feature).

There are also issues with the Seaside part using UTF-8 encoding
(WAKomEncoded), but they seem to be at least partially based in the
Seaside itself and i can't test them any further without the possibility
to edit the page content from within the image.

Viktor Svub

Re: Pier & OB complications

Lukas Renggli-2
> I've loaded OmniBrowser and Pier 1.0.4a via SqueakMap and the web part
> is working, but i get several errors if trying to use the
> 'PierBrowser':
> 1. the browser can view the kernel, but the menus for the upper
> (selection) panes are broken -> either the right-button click, or
> click
> on the scrollbar-icon throws "MessageNotUnderstood: MenuIcons
> class>>inspectIcon".
> 2. I'm not able to accept the edited page content (in the "OBPluggable
> Text" pane - i'm not sure if it's a bug or a not-yet-implemented
> feature).

You need the very latest version of OmniBrowser, not the one from
SqueakMap. There were some changes in the way the meta-model is
created  that breaks the compatibility.

> There are also issues with the Seaside part using UTF-8 encoding
> (WAKomEncoded), but they seem to be at least partially based in the
> Seaside itself and i can't test them any further without the
> possibility
> to edit the page content from within the image.

Well, this is probably a question to ask in the Seaside mailing list.
I never used WAKomEncoded, I never encountered problems with WAKom
and I do have funny/non-standard characters in my mother language.

Make sure you have the right encoding set in the resulting XHTML. I
think Squeak 3.8 and later uses UTF-8 for its strings, so everything
should be fine with <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>. For
Squeak 3.7 you need to change the XML declaration to the ISO Mac
encoding.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli