Pier Templates

David Zmick
I am going to distribute different file libraries from my site(http://w337.uni.cc) that contain css for different Pier looks.  It seems to me, as I was recently a Pier newbie, one of the things that could scare me away was how hard it was to change the look of Pier, and I think this will help.  Could someone tell me how to set up a Monticello HTTP repository with apache so I can host some of theses?

--
David Zmick
/dz0004455\

Re: Pier Templates

Sophie424
"David Zmick" <[hidden email]> wrote

> Could someone tell me how to set up a Monticello HTTP repository with
> apache so I can host some of theses?

ftp is easier (just set up a directory under ftp). Squeaksource is even
easier specially for public stuff, and standard.

- Sophie

Re: Pier Templates

keith1y
Making Pier configurable is something I spent a bit of time on.

Pier-Jetsam-Environment package (in pieraddons) moves everything that
configures Pier into the PRFrame class heirarchy. You choose your chosen
PRFrame class in the seaside/config app.

The Frame class can be coded to provide default environments (which do
not appear in the tree to users), template environments (when the user
adds an environment it is initialised automatically), stylesheets, and

The package comes with an Admin Frame which presents the same as the old
pier admin.

It has frames which can be subclassed to use blueprint css.

It also has a frame which implements 7 common layout options that you
can style and switch between.

There is even a top level frame which allows subsections of the site to
switch to use different frames.

Keith

Re: Pier Templates

SeanTAllen

On Aug 20, 2008, at 8:15 PM, Keith Hodges wrote:

> Making Pier configurable is something I spent a bit of time on.
>
> Pier-Jetsam-Environment package (in pieraddons) moves everything that
> configures Pier into the PRFrame class heirarchy. You choose your
> chosen
> PRFrame class in the seaside/config app.

Is there a list anywhere of not just the addons but what they are for?

Some are obvious, some not so obvious. Is there anyway other than
asking someone here or loading the code into an image to know
what each addon adds in functionality?

Re: Pier Templates

David Zmick
http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/ click on the "wiki".  some of them are there

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 9:18 PM, Sean Allen <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Aug 20, 2008, at 8:15 PM, Keith Hodges wrote:

> Making Pier configurable is something I spent a bit of time on.
>
> Pier-Jetsam-Environment package (in pieraddons) moves everything that
> configures Pier into the PRFrame class heirarchy. You choose your
> chosen
> PRFrame class in the seaside/config app.

Is there a list anywhere of not just the addons but what they are for?

Some are obvious, some not so obvious. Is there anyway other than
asking someone here or loading the code into an image to know
what each addon adds in functionality?

David Zmick
/dz0004455\
http://dz0004455.googlepages.com
http://dz0004455.blogspot.com

Re: Pier Templates

keith1y
Hi David,

I think it would be an idea to combine forces. CSS is my weak point, so
if you are up for themeing pier. The CSS you have done can be combined
with Pier-Jetsam-Environment fairly easily.

As for getting it working, I am using it at present so it definitely
works, you probably missed the correct prerequisite packages. You will
need the Seaside28Jetsam package from www.squeaksource.com/Jetsam (you
may also need Kernel-Extensions from squeaksource.com/311)

You might be interested to see my WACss class for assembling css using a
class. I have also integrated NiftyCorners.

best regards

Keith