Pier Unix style security: how do I let users login 'on the fly'?

Pier Unix style security: how do I let users login 'on the fly'?

Matthias Berth-2
Hello,

I want to let users click on a URL, like

mysite.com/seaside/pier/welcome/do_something?param1=xyz

where viewing do_something needs a login and a parameter. If they are
not logged in yet, I want them to login, using the PULogin command,
and then do_something should be executed (without needing another
click .

What I do now is:

  mysite.com/seaside/pier/welcome?command=DoSomethingCommand&param1=xyz

By changing the start: method I can let the command (my own PRCommand
subclass DoSomethingCommand) capture the parameter param1 in an
instance variable. I know that I can check context isLoggedIn inside
DoSomethingCommand>>doValidate. But how do I transfer control to the
PULogin command to give the user a login page, and then get back to do
the rest of the validation for my  command?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated :-)

Matthias

Re: Pier Unix style security: how do I let users login 'on the fly'?

Lukas Renggli-2
> By changing the start: method I can let the command (my own PRCommand
> subclass DoSomethingCommand) capture the parameter param1 in an
> instance variable. I know that I can check context isLoggedIn inside
> DoSomethingCommand>>doValidate. But how do I transfer control to the
> PULogin command to give the user a login page, and then get back to do
> the rest of the validation for my  command?

Load

        Name: Pier-All-lr.194
        Author: lr
        Time: 19 April 2007, 12:23:42 am
        UUID: c0b4054a-a7f1-4a97-bed8-549ae93b03c6
        Ancestors: Pier-All-lr.193

        - extracted error messages in PRPierMain
        - created subclass of PUPierMain to let users log-in in case of
missing permissions
        - fixed a strange bug in the initialization of the render
        - made it work with seaside2.8a1-lr.220

and the latest Magritte. Then go the configuration interface of
Seaside and select the main class PUPierMain and the requested
functionality should be there.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Pier Unix style security: how do I let users login 'on the fly'?

Matthias Berth-2
Wow, thanks a lot :-)

I have documented this on
http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/smallwiki/pier/pierunixsecurity/