Pier Users Change Own Passwords

Joel Turnbull

Is there a Pier Component that allows non-admin type users to change their own passwords?

Thanks
Joel

Re: Pier Users Change Own Passwords

Tudor Girba-3
Hi Joel,

In the default configuration, once the user gets logged in, there is a
link at the bottom with which you can change the password.

Cheers,
Doru

On 16 Sep 2009, at 16:34, Joel Turnbull wrote:

> Is there a Pier Component that allows non-admin type users to change
> their own passwords?
>
> Thanks
> Joel

www.tudorgirba.com

"No matter how many recipes we know, we still value a chef."

Re: Pier Users Change Own Passwords

Reza Razavi
At 16:34 16/09/2009, Joel Turnbull wrote:
>Is there a Pier Component that allows non-admin type users to change
>their own passwords?

Joel,

The attached "st" file implements "Edit User": a simple Pier Command
for editing the attributes of the current user, including its password.

Its mainly a refactoring of code found in PUSecurityWidget. I,
however, don't know why it has been preferred to implement "Edit
User" as part of PUSecurityWidget, rather than as a Command. So,
maybe some cauation would be necessary when using this command.

Hoping this helps,
Reza

AAsEditUserCommand.st (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Pier Users Change Own Passwords

Joel Turnbull

I don't see that, Doru, but my Gemstone Pier is not up to date

Thanks Reza I will try installing that command.

Joel

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Reza RAZAVI <[hidden email]> wrote:
At 16:34 16/09/2009, Joel Turnbull wrote:
Is there a Pier Component that allows non-admin type users to change their own passwords?

Joel,

The attached "st" file implements "Edit User": a simple Pier Command for editing the attributes of the current user, including its password.

Its mainly a refactoring of code found in PUSecurityWidget. I, however, don't know why it has been preferred to implement "Edit User" as part of PUSecurityWidget, rather than as a Command. So, maybe some cauation would be necessary when using this command.

Hoping this helps,
Reza

Re: Pier Users Change Own Passwords

garduino
Hi:

And, exist some component that permit a user surfing the site can
register himself (ask to registration on the site) as most users that
requires logon?

Cheers.