Pier and Magma

Alexander Lazarevic'
Hi,

I've played with pier using the image from [1] mentioned today in [2].
This does contain magritte, pier and magma. It seems Pier does not use
magma by default. Is there some description of how to make pier use
magma for persistence?

Alex

[1]http://squeak.warwick.st/auto-build/output/make/391/LATEST/SMP/
[2]http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2007-April/011685.html

Re: Pier and Magma

Alexander Lazarevic'
Ok, maybe I'm confusing the role of magma with pier and persistency is
achieved by saving the image periodically ... . I guess I need to play
more with pier before asking any further questions! :)

Alex

Alexander Lazarevic' schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I've played with pier using the image from [1] mentioned today in [2].
> This does contain magritte, pier and magma. It seems Pier does not use
> magma by default. Is there some description of how to make pier use
> magma for persistence?
>
> Alex
>
> [1]http://squeak.warwick.st/auto-build/output/make/391/LATEST/SMP/
> [2]http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2007-April/011685.html

Re: Pier and Magma

Damien Cassou-3
You have to change the persistency model. First, get your kernel.

If you have only one (which you probably do):
kernel := PRKernel instances anyOne.

Then, set the persistency model. I can't tell you more here because I
don't have magma. But basically, you have to get an instance of the
magma persistency model, and give it to the kernel. Something like
this:

kernel persistency: (PRMagmaPersistency new).

You have to search for a Magma related class, subclass of PRPersistency.

2007/4/19, Alexander Lazarevic' <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I've played with pier using the image from [1] mentioned today in [2].
> This does contain magritte, pier and magma. It seems Pier does not use
> magma by default. Is there some description of how to make pier use
> magma for persistence?
>
> Alex
>
> [1]http://squeak.warwick.st/auto-build/output/make/391/LATEST/SMP/
> [2]http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2007-April/011685.html

Damien Cassou

Re: Pier and Magma

Brad Fuller
Alexander Lazarevic' wrote:
> Ok, maybe I'm confusing the role of magma with pier and persistency is
> achieved by saving the image periodically ... . I guess I need to play
> more with pier before asking any further questions! :)

Others, like myself, would like to know the steps of using magma with pier.

> Alex
>
> Alexander Lazarevic' schrieb:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've played with pier using the image from [1] mentioned today in [2].
>> This does contain magritte, pier and magma. It seems Pier does not use
>> magma by default. Is there some description of how to make pier use
>> magma for persistence?
>>
>> Alex
>>
>> [1]http://squeak.warwick.st/auto-build/output/make/391/LATEST/SMP/
>> [2]http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2007-April/011685.html

brad fuller
 http://www.Sonaural.com/
 +1 (408) 799-6124

Re: Pier and Magma

J J-6
Can't it be done from the web?  I thought it could be.