Pier as subcomponent of SUComponent

dario trussardi
Hi,

i have master web application based on SUComponent.

Now i'm interested to display Pier 'application' how subcomponent of master.

Into Pharo when initialize the master i do:

task := PRPierFrame  on: (PRContext kernel: (PRKernel instanceNamed: 'pier' )).

The master renderContentOn do :

html div id: 'divTabMst';

 with: [ html render: task]

And all work fine.

I found the problem into GLASS.

With the same code the system erase the error:

Seaside Walkback

MessageNotUnderstood 2010: No method was found for the selector <#'root'> when sent to <nil> with arguments contained in <anArray( )>.

WAGsWalkbackErrorHandler | remoteBreakpointMethod WAGsWalkbackErrorHandler | open: WAGsWalkbackErrorHandler | handleError: WAGsWalkbackErrorHandler class (WAErrorHandler class) | handleError: [] in WASession | withErrorHandler: MessageNotUnderstood (ExceptionA) | valueHandler: [] in ExceptionHandler | valueHandlerBlock [] in ExecutableBlock | ensure: [] in ExecutableBlock | ensure: ExceptionHandler | valueHandlerBlock ExceptionHandler | caughtException ExceptionHandler | caughtEx:number:cat:args: [] in ExceptionHandler | try:on:in:do: Exception | _signal:number:args: Exception | resignal:number:args: MessageNotUnderstood (ExceptionA) | doResignal ExceptionHandler | caughtException ExceptionHandler | caughtEx:number:cat:args: [] in ExceptionHandler | try:on:in:do: Exception | _signal:number:args: System class | signal:args:signalDictionary: UndefinedObject (Object) | doesNotUnderstand: UndefinedObject (Object) | _doesNotUnderstand:
PRContext class | kernel:

kernel: aKernel
^ self kernel: aKernel structure: aKernel root
PRPierFrame | initialRequest:

initialRequest: aRequest super initialRequest: aRequest. context := PRContext kernel: self kernel. self withContextDo: [ self context setStructure: (self structureFrom: aRequest); setCommand: (self commandFrom: aRequest). self context: self context ]

[] in WARenderLoopMain | start: PRPierFrame (WAPresenter) | withNextPresentersDo: [] in WAPresenter | withNextPresentersDo: PRPierFrame (WAComponent) | decorationChainDo: [] in PRPierFrame | decorationChainDo: ExceptionHandler | try:on:in:do: PRCurrentContext class (ExceptionA class) | try:on:do: [] in ExecutableBlock | on:do: PRCurrentContext class | use:during: PRPierFrame | withContextDo: PRPierFrame | decorationChainDo: [] in WAComponent | nextPresentersDo: [] in WAComponent | childrenDo: PRPierFrame (Object) | ifNotNil: [] in WAComponent | childrenDo: Array (Collection) | do: ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | childrenDo: ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | nextPresentersDo: ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAPresenter) | withNextPresentersDo: [] in WAComponent | visiblePresentersDo: ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | decorationChainDo: ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | visiblePresentersDo: WARenderLoopMain | start: ISTWASession (WASession) | start: ISTWASession | start: [] in WASession | performRequest: Dictionary | at:ifAbsent: ISTWASession (WASession) | performRequest:

What happen?

 How i can  create the pier reference into GLASS ?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks,

Dario

Re: Pier as subcomponent of SUComponent

Dale
Dario,

I would guess that `PRKernel instanceNamed: 'pier'` is returning nil ... I'll have to look into that ... I know that there are later versions of Pier2 running around although right now Pier2 is broken so I don't have any more information at the moment.

Dale
----- "Dario Trussardi" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
| [] in WAComponent | nextPresentersDo:
| [] in WAComponent | childrenDo:
| PRPierFrame (Object) | ifNotNil:
| [] in WAComponent | childrenDo:
| Array (Collection) | do:
| ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | childrenDo:
| ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | nextPresentersDo:
| ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAPresenter) | withNextPresentersDo:
| [] in WAComponent | visiblePresentersDo:
| ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | decorationChainDo:
| ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | visiblePresentersDo:
| WARenderLoopMain | start:
| ISTWASession (WASession) | start:
| ISTWASession | start:
| [] in WASession | performRequest:
| Dictionary | at:ifAbsent:
| ISTWASession (WASession) | performRequest:
|

| What happen?
|
|  How i can  create the pier reference into GLASS ?
|
| Any pointers would be greatly appreciated !

There are too many Piers floating around... I will check into this issue shortly.

Dale
----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Dario,
|
| I would guess that `PRKernel instanceNamed: 'pier'` is returning nil
| ... I'll have to look into that ... I know that there are later
| versions of Pier2 running around although right now Pier2 is broken so
| I don't have any more information at the moment.
|
| Dale
| ----- "Dario Trussardi" <[hidden email]> wrote:
|
| | Hi,
| |
| | i have master web application based on SUComponent.
| |
| | Now i'm interested to display Pier 'application' how subcomponent
| of
| | master.
| |
| | Into Pharo when initialize the master i do:
| |
| | task := PRPierFrame  on: (PRContext kernel: (PRKernel
| instanceNamed:
| | 'pier' )).
| |
| | The master renderContentOn do :
| |
| | html div id: 'divTabMst';
| |
| | with: [ html render: task]
| |
| | And all work fine.
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | I found the problem into GLASS.
| |
| |
| | With the same code the system erase the error:
| |
| | Seaside Walkback
| |
| | MessageNotUnderstood 2010: No method was found for the selector
| | <#'root'> when sent to <nil> with arguments contained in <anArray(
| | )>.
| |
| |
| | WAGsWalkbackErrorHandler | remoteBreakpointMethod
| | WAGsWalkbackErrorHandler | open:
| | WAGsWalkbackErrorHandler | handleError:
| | WAGsWalkbackErrorHandler class (WAErrorHandler class) |
| handleError:
| | [] in WASession | withErrorHandler:
| | MessageNotUnderstood (ExceptionA) | valueHandler:
| | [] in ExceptionHandler | valueHandlerBlock
| | [] in ExecutableBlock | ensure:
| | [] in ExecutableBlock | ensure:
| | ExceptionHandler | valueHandlerBlock
| | ExceptionHandler | caughtException
| | ExceptionHandler | caughtEx:number:cat:args:
| | [] in ExceptionHandler | try:on:in:do:
| | Exception | _signal:number:args:
| | Exception | resignal:number:args:
| | MessageNotUnderstood (ExceptionA) | doResignal
| | ExceptionHandler | caughtException
| | ExceptionHandler | caughtEx:number:cat:args:
| | [] in ExceptionHandler | try:on:in:do:
| | Exception | _signal:number:args:
| | System class | signal:args:signalDictionary:
| | UndefinedObject (Object) | doesNotUnderstand:
| | UndefinedObject (Object) | _doesNotUnderstand:
| |
| | PRContext class | kernel:
| |
| | kernel: aKernel
| | ^ self kernel: aKernel structure: aKernel root
| |
| | PRPierFrame | initialRequest:
| |
| |
| | initialRequest: aRequest
| | super initialRequest: aRequest.
| | context := PRContext kernel: self kernel.
| | self withContextDo: [
| | self context
| | setStructure: (self structureFrom: aRequest);
| | setCommand: (self commandFrom: aRequest).
| | self context: self context ]
| |
| |
| | [] in WARenderLoopMain | start:
| | PRPierFrame (WAPresenter) | withNextPresentersDo:
| | [] in WAPresenter | withNextPresentersDo:
| | PRPierFrame (WAComponent) | decorationChainDo:
| | [] in PRPierFrame | decorationChainDo:
| | ExceptionHandler | try:on:in:do:
| | PRCurrentContext class (ExceptionA class) | try:on:do:
| | [] in ExecutableBlock | on:do:
| | PRCurrentContext class | use:during:
| | PRPierFrame | withContextDo:
| | PRPierFrame | decorationChainDo:
| | [] in WAComponent | nextPresentersDo:
| | [] in WAComponent | childrenDo:
| | PRPierFrame (Object) | ifNotNil:
| | [] in WAComponent | childrenDo:
| | Array (Collection) | do:
| | ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | childrenDo:
| | ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | nextPresentersDo:
| | ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAPresenter) | withNextPresentersDo:
| | [] in WAComponent | visiblePresentersDo:
| | ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | decorationChainDo:
| | ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | visiblePresentersDo:
| | WARenderLoopMain | start:
| | ISTWASession (WASession) | start:
| | ISTWASession | start:
| | [] in WASession | performRequest:
| | Dictionary | at:ifAbsent:
| | ISTWASession (WASession) | performRequest:
| |
| |
| | What happen?
| |
| |
| | Dario

Re: Pier as subcomponent of SUComponent

Dale
Dario,

Could you provide me with an mcz that I can install to reproduce the problem? I haven't been able to find anything obvious going on...

> [...]

| [] in WAComponent | nextPresentersDo:
| [] in WAComponent | childrenDo:
| PRPierFrame (Object) | ifNotNil:
| [] in WAComponent | childrenDo:
| Array (Collection) | do:
| ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | childrenDo:
| ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | nextPresentersDo:
| ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAPresenter) | withNextPresentersDo:
| [] in WAComponent | visiblePresentersDo:
| ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | decorationChainDo:
| ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | visiblePresentersDo:
| WARenderLoopMain | start:
| ISTWASession (WASession) | start:
| ISTWASession | start:
| [] in WASession | performRequest:
| Dictionary | at:ifAbsent:
| ISTWASession (WASession) | performRequest:
|

| What happen?
|
|  How i can  create the pier reference into GLASS ?
|
| Any pointers would be greatly appreciated !

I've looked over your application and I've discovered that you must be using different versions of Pier between Pharo and GLASS. It appears that the newer code in your Pharo version of Pier fixed the problem that you are having in GemStone...

I think I'm pretty close to having the latest Pier and Magritte ported to GLASS (available in 1.0-beta.8).

Dale
----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Dario,
|
| Could you provide me with an mcz that I can install to reproduce the
| problem? I haven't been able to find anything obvious going on...
|
| Dale
| ----- "Dario Trussardi" <[hidden email]> wrote:
|
| | Hi,
| |
| | i have master web application based on SUComponent.
| |
| | Now i'm interested to display Pier 'application' how subcomponent
| of
| | master.
| |
| | Into Pharo when initialize the master i do:
| |
| | task := PRPierFrame  on: (PRContext kernel: (PRKernel
| instanceNamed:
| | 'pier' )).
| |
| | The master renderContentOn do :
| |
| | html div id: 'divTabMst';
| |
| | with: [ html render: task]
| |
| | And all work fine.
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | I found the problem into GLASS.
| |
| |
| | With the same code the system erase the error:
| |
| | Seaside Walkback
| |
| | MessageNotUnderstood 2010: No method was found for the selector
| | <#'root'> when sent to <nil> with arguments contained in <anArray(
| | )>.
| |
| |
| | WAGsWalkbackErrorHandler | remoteBreakpointMethod
| | WAGsWalkbackErrorHandler | open:
| | WAGsWalkbackErrorHandler | handleError:
| | WAGsWalkbackErrorHandler class (WAErrorHandler class) |
| handleError:
| | [] in WASession | withErrorHandler:
| | MessageNotUnderstood (ExceptionA) | valueHandler:
| | [] in ExceptionHandler | valueHandlerBlock
| | [] in ExecutableBlock | ensure:
| | [] in ExecutableBlock | ensure:
| | ExceptionHandler | valueHandlerBlock
| | ExceptionHandler | caughtException
| | ExceptionHandler | caughtEx:number:cat:args:
| | [] in ExceptionHandler | try:on:in:do:
| | Exception | _signal:number:args:
| | Exception | resignal:number:args:
| | MessageNotUnderstood (ExceptionA) | doResignal
| | ExceptionHandler | caughtException
| | ExceptionHandler | caughtEx:number:cat:args:
| | [] in ExceptionHandler | try:on:in:do:
| | Exception | _signal:number:args:
| | System class | signal:args:signalDictionary:
| | UndefinedObject (Object) | doesNotUnderstand:
| | UndefinedObject (Object) | _doesNotUnderstand:
| |
| | PRContext class | kernel:
| |
| | kernel: aKernel
| | ^ self kernel: aKernel structure: aKernel root
| |
| | PRPierFrame | initialRequest:
| |
| |
| | initialRequest: aRequest
| | super initialRequest: aRequest.
| | context := PRContext kernel: self kernel.
| | self withContextDo: [
| | self context
| | setStructure: (self structureFrom: aRequest);
| | setCommand: (self commandFrom: aRequest).
| | self context: self context ]
| |
| |
| | [] in WARenderLoopMain | start:
| | PRPierFrame (WAPresenter) | withNextPresentersDo:
| | [] in WAPresenter | withNextPresentersDo:
| | PRPierFrame (WAComponent) | decorationChainDo:
| | [] in PRPierFrame | decorationChainDo:
| | ExceptionHandler | try:on:in:do:
| | PRCurrentContext class (ExceptionA class) | try:on:do:
| | [] in ExecutableBlock | on:do:
| | PRCurrentContext class | use:during:
| | PRPierFrame | withContextDo:
| | PRPierFrame | decorationChainDo:
| | [] in WAComponent | nextPresentersDo:
| | [] in WAComponent | childrenDo:
| | PRPierFrame (Object) | ifNotNil:
| | [] in WAComponent | childrenDo:
| | Array (Collection) | do:
| | ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | childrenDo:
| | ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | nextPresentersDo:
| | ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAPresenter) | withNextPresentersDo:
| | [] in WAComponent | visiblePresentersDo:
| | ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | decorationChainDo:
| | ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | visiblePresentersDo:
| | WARenderLoopMain | start:
| | ISTWASession (WASession) | start:
| | ISTWASession | start:
| | [] in WASession | performRequest:
| | Dictionary | at:ifAbsent:
| | ISTWASession (WASession) | performRequest:
| |
| |
| | What happen?
| |
| |
| | Dario

Re: Pier as subcomponent of SUComponent

Dale
Dario,

I haven't finished porting the latest versions of the 'Pier AddOns'.

If you want to give it a try, you can update to 1.0-beta.8 (it is in development, so it will change over time, but if you don't reload the ConfigurationOfGLASS until you check with me, you should be fine):

  ConfigurationOfGLASS project updateProject.
  (ConfigurationOfGLASS project version: '1.0-beta.8')
    load: 'Dev'.

Then load the latest versions of Seaside2.8, Magritte and Pier:

  (ConfigurationOfSeaside project version: '1.0.3')
    load: #('Seaside 2.8' 'Magritte Tests' 'Pier Tests'
            "'Pier AddOns' not ported yet").

Your example component works like it should.

Remember both 'GLASS 1.0-beta.8' and 'Seaside 1.0.3' are in development so the configurations will change over time especially as I finish the port of the Pier AddOns.

Dale

----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Dario,
|
| I've looked over your application and I've discovered that you must be
| using different versions of Pier between Pharo and GLASS. It appears
| that the newer code in your Pharo version of Pier fixed the problem
| that you are having in GemStone...
|
| I think I'm pretty close to having the latest Pier and Magritte ported
| to GLASS (available in 1.0-beta.8).
|
| Dale
| ----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:
|
| | Dario,
| |
| | Could you provide me with an mcz that I can install to reproduce the
| | problem? I haven't been able to find anything obvious going on...
| |
| | Dale
| | ----- "Dario Trussardi" <[hidden email]> wrote:
| |
| | | Hi,
| | |
| | | i have master web application based on SUComponent.
| | |
| | | Now i'm interested to display Pier 'application' how subcomponent
| | of
| | | master.
| | |
| | | Into Pharo when initialize the master i do:
| | |
| | | task := PRPierFrame  on: (PRContext kernel: (PRKernel
| | instanceNamed:
| | | 'pier' )).
| | |
| | | The master renderContentOn do :
| | |
| | | html div id: 'divTabMst';
| | |
| | | with: [ html render: task]
| | |
| | | And all work fine.
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | | I found the problem into GLASS.
| | |
| | |
| | | With the same code the system erase the error:
| | |
| | | Seaside Walkback
| | |
| | | MessageNotUnderstood 2010: No method was found for the selector
| | | <#'root'> when sent to <nil> with arguments contained in <anArray(
| | | )>.
| | |
| | |
| | | WAGsWalkbackErrorHandler | remoteBreakpointMethod
| | | WAGsWalkbackErrorHandler | open:
| | | WAGsWalkbackErrorHandler | handleError:
| | | WAGsWalkbackErrorHandler class (WAErrorHandler class) |
| | handleError:
| | | [] in WASession | withErrorHandler:
| | | MessageNotUnderstood (ExceptionA) | valueHandler:
| | | [] in ExceptionHandler | valueHandlerBlock
| | | [] in ExecutableBlock | ensure:
| | | [] in ExecutableBlock | ensure:
| | | ExceptionHandler | valueHandlerBlock
| | | ExceptionHandler | caughtException
| | | ExceptionHandler | caughtEx:number:cat:args:
| | | [] in ExceptionHandler | try:on:in:do:
| | | Exception | _signal:number:args:
| | | Exception | resignal:number:args:
| | | MessageNotUnderstood (ExceptionA) | doResignal
| | | ExceptionHandler | caughtException
| | | ExceptionHandler | caughtEx:number:cat:args:
| | | [] in ExceptionHandler | try:on:in:do:
| | | Exception | _signal:number:args:
| | | System class | signal:args:signalDictionary:
| | | UndefinedObject (Object) | doesNotUnderstand:
| | | UndefinedObject (Object) | _doesNotUnderstand:
| | |
| | | PRContext class | kernel:
| | |
| | | kernel: aKernel
| | | ^ self kernel: aKernel structure: aKernel root
| | |
| | | PRPierFrame | initialRequest:
| | |
| | |
| | | initialRequest: aRequest
| | | super initialRequest: aRequest.
| | | context := PRContext kernel: self kernel.
| | | self withContextDo: [
| | | self context
| | | setStructure: (self structureFrom: aRequest);
| | | setCommand: (self commandFrom: aRequest).
| | | self context: self context ]
| | |
| | |
| | | [] in WARenderLoopMain | start:
| | | PRPierFrame (WAPresenter) | withNextPresentersDo:
| | | [] in WAPresenter | withNextPresentersDo:
| | | PRPierFrame (WAComponent) | decorationChainDo:
| | | [] in PRPierFrame | decorationChainDo:
| | | ExceptionHandler | try:on:in:do:
| | | PRCurrentContext class (ExceptionA class) | try:on:do:
| | | [] in ExecutableBlock | on:do:
| | | PRCurrentContext class | use:during:
| | | PRPierFrame | withContextDo:
| | | PRPierFrame | decorationChainDo:
| | | [] in WAComponent | nextPresentersDo:
| | | [] in WAComponent | childrenDo:
| | | PRPierFrame (Object) | ifNotNil:
| | | [] in WAComponent | childrenDo:
| | | Array (Collection) | do:
| | | ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | childrenDo:
| | | ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | nextPresentersDo:
| | | ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAPresenter) | withNextPresentersDo:
| | | [] in WAComponent | visiblePresentersDo:
| | | ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | decorationChainDo:
| | | ISTLoginWebGstOrdOnLine (WAComponent) | visiblePresentersDo:
| | | WARenderLoopMain | start:
| | | ISTWASession (WASession) | start:
| | | ISTWASession | start:
| | | [] in WASession | performRequest:
| | | Dictionary | at:ifAbsent:
| | | ISTWASession (WASession) | performRequest:
| | |
| | |
| | | What happen?
| | |
| | |
| | | Dario

Development configuration setting

dario trussardi
Hi Dale,

i'm interested to define the best configuration setting for the next months development  work.

Now i work with pharo1.0-10509 - seaside2.8a1-lr597 - magritte-lr316.

The Gemstone is update to GLASS to 1.0-beta.6.

The last message with you was :

[...]

This  your consideration are today valid ?

I'm interested to development with the last support of script-aculo.us and or  jquery script.

I can load this in my current system or i need to update at seaside 3.0 before?

I read your message  :

| Availability of Gemstone 2.4 and Seaside 3.0.
|

| 2.4 and Seaside3.0 are available. I can supply you with the necessary information to do the download, if you are interested.
|
| I haven't made Seaside3.0 generally available because the remote debugging facility has not been ported to Seaside3.0, so there isn't the level of tools that I'd like. Also Magritte2 and Pier2 have not been ported.

Questions:

a) i can upgrade Gemstone 2.3.1 to 2.4 ?

b) With  Seaside 3.0 i can work 'temporary' with the hold Magritte version or i need the new port of Magritte2  support ? ( same consideration for Pier ? ).

Thanks,

Dario

Re: Development configuration setting

Dale
Dario,

Stick with 1.0-beta.6 for now ... 1.0-beta.7 was mainly aimed at moving code between packages and I snapped off 1.0-beta.7 primarily for a release of GemStone 3.0.

1.0-beta.8 is so close I can almost taste it ... I have a bug or two to stomp out in Metacello and then some more testing ... I will probably port the new Gofer Project Loader to GemStone...

When 1.0-beta.8 comes out, you'll be able to use the same metacello configuration for loading in GemStone or Pharo ... and with Gofer Project Loader ported, you will be able to use the same script to load in either...

Dale
----- "Dario Trussardi" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Hi Dale,
|
| i'm interested to define the best configuration setting for the next
| months development  work.
|
| Now i work with pharo1.0-10509 - seaside2.8a1-lr597 - magritte-lr316.
|
| The Gemstone is update to GLASS to 1.0-beta.6.
|
| The last message with you was :
|

| > Dario,
| >
| > I haven't finished porting the latest versions of the 'Pier AddOns'.
|

| > If you want to give it a try, you can update to 1.0-beta.8 (it is in
| development, so it will change over time, but if you don't reload the
| ConfigurationOfGLASS until you check with me, you should be fine):
| >
| >  ConfigurationOfGLASS project updateProject.
| >  (ConfigurationOfGLASS project version: '1.0-beta.8')
| >    load: 'Dev'.
| >
| > Then load the latest versions of Seaside2.8, Magritte and Pier:
| >
| >  (ConfigurationOfSeaside project version: '1.0.3')
| >    load: #('Seaside 2.8' 'Magritte Tests' 'Pier Tests'
| >            "'Pier AddOns' not ported yet").
| >
| > Your example component works like it should.
| >
| > Remember both 'GLASS 1.0-beta.8' and 'Seaside 1.0.3' are in
| development so the configurations will change over time especially as
| I finish the port of the Pier AddOns.
| >
| > Dale
| >

| This  your consideration are today valid ?
|
| I'm interested to development with the last support of script-aculo.us
| and or  jquery script.
|
| I can load this in my current system or i need to update at seaside
| 3.0 before?
|

| I read your message  :
|
| | Availability of Gemstone 2.4 and Seaside 3.0.
| |
| |
| | 2.4 and Seaside3.0 are available. I can supply you with the
| necessary information to do the download, if you are interested.
| |
| | I haven't made Seaside3.0 generally available because the remote
| debugging facility has not been ported to Seaside3.0, so there isn't
| the level of tools that I'd like. Also Magritte2 and Pier2 have not
| been ported.
|

| Questions:
|
| a) i can upgrade Gemstone 2.3.1 to 2.4 ?
|
| b) With  Seaside 3.0 i can work 'temporary' with the hold Magritte
| version or i need the new port of Magritte2  support ? ( same
| consideration for Pier ? ).
|

| Thanks,
|
| Dario

Re: Development configuration setting

SeanTAllen
how difficult of an upgrade should we expect beta 6 to beta 8 to be
for that tiny bit of us
that are using beta 6 in production?

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Dale Henrichs
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> | 3.0 before?
> |

> | I read your message  :
> |
> |       |       Availability of Gemstone 2.4 and Seaside 3.0.
> |       |
> |       |
> |       |       2.4 and Seaside3.0 are available. I can supply you with the
> | necessary information to do the download, if you are interested.
> |       |
> |       |       I haven't made Seaside3.0 generally available because the remote
> | debugging facility has not been ported to Seaside3.0, so there isn't
> | the level of tools that I'd like. Also Magritte2 and Pier2 have not
> | been ported.
> |

> | Questions:
> |
> |       a) i can upgrade Gemstone 2.3.1 to 2.4 ?
> |
> |       b) With  Seaside 3.0 i can work 'temporary' with the hold Magritte
> | version or i need the new port of Magritte2  support ? ( same

The upgrade to 1.0-beta.8 from any of the 1.0-beta.* versions shouldn't be difficult at all ... new version of Metacello and some supporting code ... what will change is that instead of having Seaside,SOAP, et.al. managed through the GLASS metacello configuration, you'll be using the Pharo/GLASS shared configurations (Seaside, magritte and Pier) directly.

What is delaying 1.0-beta.8 is making sure that the upgrade path from GLASS.230-dkh.231 is relatively painless as well. There were issues upgrading to the latest Pier that stymied me for awhile, those issues are behind me, but I am still making sure that the whole process runs smoothly ... takes time when I run into bugs that cause me to go HMMMMMM:)

Dale
----- "Sean Allen" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| how difficult of an upgrade should we expect beta 6 to beta 8 to be
| for that tiny bit of us
| that are using beta 6 in production?
|
| On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Dale Henrichs
| <[hidden email]> wrote:
| > Dario,
| >
| > Stick with 1.0-beta.6 for now ... 1.0-beta.7 was mainly aimed at
| moving code between packages and I snapped off 1.0-beta.7 primarily
| for a release of GemStone 3.0.
| >
| > 1.0-beta.8 is so close I can almost taste it ... I have a bug or two
| to stomp out in Metacello and then some more testing ... I will
| probably port the new Gofer Project Loader to GemStone...
| >
| > When 1.0-beta.8 comes out, you'll be able to use the same metacello
| configuration for loading in GemStone or Pharo ... and with Gofer
| Project Loader ported, you will be able to use the same script to load
| in either...
| >
| > Dale
| > ----- "Dario Trussardi" <[hidden email]> wrote:
| >
| > | Hi Dale,
| > |
| > | i'm interested to define the best configuration setting for the
| next
| > | months development  work.
| > |
| > | Now i work with pharo1.0-10509 - seaside2.8a1-lr597 -
| magritte-lr316.
| > |
| > | The Gemstone is update to GLASS to 1.0-beta.6.
| > |
| > | The last message with you was :
| > |
| > |

| AddOns'.
| > |

| is in
| > | development, so it will change over time, but if you don't reload
| the
| > | ConfigurationOfGLASS until you check with me, you should be
| fine):

| > | development so the configurations will change over time especially
| as
| > | I finish the port of the Pier AddOns.

| > |
| > |
| > | This  your consideration are today valid ?
| > |
| > | I'm interested to development with the last support of
| script-aculo.us
| > | and or  jquery script.
| > |
| > | I can load this in my current system or i need to update at
| seaside
| > | 3.0 before?
| > |
| > |
| > | I read your message  :
| > |
| > |       |       Availability of Gemstone 2.4 and Seaside 3.0.
| > |       |
| > |       |
| > |       |       2.4 and Seaside3.0 are available. I can supply you
| with the
| > | necessary information to do the download, if you are interested.
| > |       |
| > |       |       I haven't made Seaside3.0 generally available
| because the remote
| > | debugging facility has not been ported to Seaside3.0, so there
| isn't
| > | the level of tools that I'd like. Also Magritte2 and Pier2 have
| not
| > | been ported.
| > |
| > |
| > | Questions:
| > |
| > |       a) i can upgrade Gemstone 2.3.1 to 2.4 ?
| > |
| > |       b) With  Seaside 3.0 i can work 'temporary' with the hold
| Magritte
| > | version or i need the new port of Magritte2  support ? ( same
| > | consideration for Pier ? ).
| > |
| > |
| > | Thanks,