Pier demo?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi guys. I am testing a import/export of Pier kernels and I would like to test with a real kernel (not the one included by default in Pier). I want to export such kernel and import it in another image.
I have 2 pier images handly but both are quite old (pharo 1.0 and non-cog). I would like a new one based on Cog and Pier 2.0.

Of course, the Pier image should be open-source or at least you should not care that I test it.

so...someone has a pier image to lend me?

Thanks a lot in advance.

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Pier demo?

Lukas Renggli
Sorry, I don't have any Pier 2 images in production. The Seaside book,
the Seaside site, my personal website, ... all run in Squeak 3.9
Kernel images with Pier 1.0 only.

What you can try to get a moderately large site with about 160 complex
pages is to evaluate the following expression. It adds the class and
method documentation of Pier and Magritte to your kernel:

  PRKernel instances anyOne root
    addChild: (PRPierFrame pageForClass: PRObject);
    addChild: (PRPierFrame pageForClass: MAObject)

Lukas

On 21 August 2011 13:38, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys. I am testing a import/export of Pier kernels and I would like to
> test with a real kernel (not the one included by default in Pier). I want to
> export such kernel and import it in another image.
> I have 2 pier images handly but both are quite old (pharo 1.0 and non-cog).
> I would like a new one based on Cog and Pier 2.0.
>
> Of course, the Pier image should be open-source or at least you should not
> care that I test it.
>
> so...someone has a pier image to lend me?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> --
> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Pier demo?

John Borden
Lately, I've been upgrading a pier wiki for my work, it is up to 6k pages, but is inside our intranet.  There are some notes on the upgrade here:

http://smallwiki2.seasidehosting.st/seaside/seaside/seaside/Smallwiki2/Pier-upgrades/Pier-1.2-to-2.0

Thanks,
John