[Pier2] Pier-JQuery-lr.1.mcz in pier2addons

[Pier2] Pier-JQuery-lr.1.mcz in pier2addons

Lukas Renggli
@Nick: I committed Pier-JQuery-lr.1.mcz to pier2addons, but I didn't
notice until after the commit that you essentially did the same
already a long time ago. The widget in the package essentially removes
the AJAX search widget from Pier-Seaside, ports it is JQueryUI and
moves it into the new package. Now the question is what implementation
to keep? The code in Pier-JQuery-lr.1.mcz only depends on JQueryUI,
while your changes seem to require more. Also Pier-JQuery-lr.1.mcz
uses some simpler mechanism I introduced into JQueryUI just now.

@Damien: The same package also contains two value links we talked
about yesterday. With the following links it is possible to present
the children (or any other set of structures) within a tab-panel or
within an accordion.

  +value:jq-tabs+
  +value:jq-accordion+

Of course both require the JQuery library, the JQueryUI library and a
JQueryUI theme.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Pier2] Pier-JQuery-lr.1.mcz in pier2addons

Nick
Hi Lucas,

On 7 October 2010 13:34, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
@Nick: I committed Pier-JQuery-lr.1.mcz to pier2addons, but I didn't
notice until after the commit that you essentially did the same
already a long time ago. The widget in the package essentially removes
the AJAX search widget from Pier-Seaside, ports it is JQueryUI and
moves it into the new package. Now the question is what implementation
to keep? The code in Pier-JQuery-lr.1.mcz only depends on JQueryUI,
while your changes seem to require more. Also Pier-JQuery-lr.1.mcz
uses some simpler mechanism I introduced into JQueryUI just now.

I've browsed your code, but haven't loaded it.
It does look a lot simpler and neater.
My package is dependant on JQWidgetBox-FormExample as a replacement for the deprecated WAAbstractTextArea>>exampleText:
I'm currently not using it - so I'm inclined to say you should delete it - though it would be helpful if you could extend yours to support an equivalent interface. The two missing methods are:
* descriptionExampleText "specify example text"
* descriptionStructure "specify the root structure for the search"

Are you intending that the default Pier installation in PRDistribution moves to JQuery rather than Scriptaculous? That was my aim.

Nick

Re: [Pier2] Pier-JQuery-lr.1.mcz in pier2addons

Lukas Renggli
> * descriptionExampleText "specify example text"
> * descriptionStructure "specify the root structure for the search"

Ok, I will add those. They got lost.

> Are you intending that the default Pier installation in PRDistribution moves
> to JQuery rather than Scriptaculous? That was my aim.

Yeah, script.aculo.us is essentially dead. However, I would like to
keep the JQuery specific code in a separate package, so that Pier does
not start to depend on a particular Javascript library.

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch