PierAddOn2 -> Pier-Twitter MC errors

Nick
Hi,

With a fresh 1.0-beta 8.1 image, when I execute:

  Gofer project load: 'PierAddOns2'.

followed by:

  Gofer project load: 'PierAddOns2' group: #('Pier-Twitter').

An error is thrown during loading: 'Name not found: XML-Parser' in MetacelloMCVersionSpec>>resolveToLoadableSpec: aString forMap: map packages: packageMap on the line:

package := self packageNamed: aString forMap: map ifAbsent: [ ^self error: 'Name not found: ' , aString ].

aString = 'XML-Parser'
map = aDictionary( 'GemStone-Release-Support'->spec
name: 'GemStone-Release-Support';
requires: #('Core' );
file: 'GemStone-Release-Support-DaleHenrichs.52';
repository: 'http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/GLASSproject'., 'XML Parser'->spec
name: 'XML Parser';
projectReference: [
spec
className: 'ConfigurationOfXMLSupport';
versionString: '1.0.5';
loads: #('Core' );
file: 'ConfigurationOfXMLSupport';
repository: 'http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/MetacelloRepository' ]., 'Core'->spec
name: 'Core';
projectReference: [
spec
className: 'ConfigurationOfGsCore';
versionString: '0.241';
file: 'ConfigurationOfGsCore';

My transcript shows:

Project: XML Parser 1.0.1
Project: XML-Parser 0.235

Is it odd that it appears to loading different versions of the same project?

Oddly if I start from a clean image and execute:

  Gofer project load: 'PierAddOns2' group: #('Pier-Twitter').

the project loads cleanly without errors.

I've noticed that squeaksource and gemstone's repositories have different versions of ConfigurationOfXML
squeaksource: ConfigurationOfXMLSupport-Alexandre_Bergel.12
gemstone: ConfigurationOfXMLSupport-DaleHenrichs.20

Could this be causing the problem?

Nick

Re: PierAddOn2 -> Pier-Twitter MC errors

Dale Henrichs
Nick,

I am in the process of migrating from having XML-Parser and SIXX managed
by the ConfigurationOfGsMisc to using the shared
ConfigurationOfXMLSupport and I found that I needed to add a
'XML-Parser' group to satisfy things like Pier Addons that expect to get
XML-Parser from ConfigurationOfGsMisc using  the name XML-Parser.

I am still in the process of working out the kinks ... that will be part
of the GLASS 1.0-beta.8.3 release that I'm working on right now ...

If you or anyone else runs into any more problems let me know ... there
might still be issues lurking around that I haven't characterized....I
haven't quite gotten to the point where I'm testing Seaside3.0 loads
with 1.0-beta.8.3 ...

Dale