Pillar 2.0.0: Introduction of PetitPillar

Pillar 2.0.0: Introduction of PetitPillar

CyrilFerlicot
Hi everyone!
Yes, a new version of Pillar, again!

With this version we removed the old parser of Pillar to introduce
PetitPillar base on PetitParser.
This parser is slower than the previous one but we will be able to
improve his speed.
We will also be able to improve Pillar at the parser level, which was
impossible before. So we will be able to remove some hacks and improve
the experience of the users.
If you are good in parser and you want to contribute to his improvement,
feel free to help, we have a lot of tests to help. This is my first
parser so I am sure it have a lot of rooms for improvement.

--
Cheers
Cyril

Re: [Moose-dev] Pillar 2.0.0: Introduction of PetitPillar

abergel
Hi Cyril,

I use Pillar for AgileVisualization. One problem I have is that the book contains many code snippets. How can I run all the code snippet in order to spot error? Is there an easy way for that?

Alexandre

> On Sep 11, 2015, at 9:06 AM, Ferlicot D. Cyril <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone!
> Yes, a new version of Pillar, again!
>
> With this version we removed the old parser of Pillar to introduce
> PetitPillar base on PetitParser.
> This parser is slower than the previous one but we will be able to
> improve his speed.
> We will also be able to improve Pillar at the parser level, which was
> impossible before. So we will be able to remove some hacks and improve
> the experience of the users.
> If you are good in parser and you want to contribute to his improvement,
> feel free to help, we have a lot of tests to help. This is my first
> parser so I am sure it have a lot of rooms for improvement.
>
> --
> Cheers
> Cyril

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [Moose-dev] Pillar 2.0.0: Introduction of PetitPillar

Peter Uhnak

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 3:49 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Cyril,

I use Pillar for AgileVisualization. One problem I have is that the book contains many code snippets. How can I run all the code snippet in order to spot error? Is there an easy way for that?

Alexandre

This probably doesn't apply since you have your scripts directly in the pillar files... but for the Layout chapter scripts I've used this

(It goes through all "Layout/figures/*.st" files, compiles them and executes them.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|root scripts|
root := '/home/peter/prog/agilevisualization/book-skeleton' asFileReference.
scripts := (root / 'Layout' / 'figures') children select: [ :each |
each name endsWith: '.st'
].

scripts do: [ :each |
Transcript logCr: each name.
nil class compiler
source: each contents;
evaluate
].
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter

Le 11/09/2015 15:49, Alexandre Bergel a écrit :
> Hi Cyril,
>
> I use Pillar for AgileVisualization. One problem I have is that the book contains many code snippets. How can I run all the code snippet in order to spot error? Is there an easy way for that?
>
> Alexandre

You mean you you use a lot of scripts with a "eval=true" parameter ?

If you want an easy way to debug code into scripts you can remove the
"--headless" parameter of the "pharo" script will you test your chapter.
During the export if you have an exception the image will open a
debugger with the context of the script.

--
Cheers
Cyril

Re: [Pharo-users] [Moose-dev] Pillar 2.0.0: Introduction of PetitPillar

Damien Cassou-2

something like https://github.com/pillar-markup/pillar/issues/71 ?

--
Damien Cassou