Pillar A4 :)

12

Pillar A4 :)

stepharo
Hi sven

here is one of several that I will send :)

Stef

PillarA4.pdf (183K) Download Attachment

Re: Pillar A4 :)

stepharo
Here is one on Citezen

Citezen.pdf (27K) Download Attachment

Re: Pillar A4 :)

stepharo
One on Voyage :)

Voyage.pdf (79K) Download Attachment

Re: Pillar A4 :)

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Thanks you: checked in !

> On 22 Jan 2015, at 21:16, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi sven
>
> here is one of several that I will send :)
>
> Stef
> <PillarA4.pdf>

Re: Pillar A4 :)

Offray
Hi Stef,

Do you have the Pillar file for this one? I would like to see how do you
deal with image positioning.

Cheers,

Offray

El 22/01/15 a las 15:36, stepharo escribió:
> One on Voyage :)

Re: Pillar A4 :)

stepharo
Bloc :)

Bloc.pdf (29K) Download Attachment

Re: Pillar A4 :)

stepharo

Le 22/1/15 21:56, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas a écrit :
> Hi Stef,
>
> Do you have the Pillar file for this one? I would like to see how do
> you deal with image positioning.

It is made with omnigraffle.

> Cheers,
>
> Offray
>
> El 22/01/15 a las 15:36, stepharo escribió:
>> One on Voyage :)

Re: Pillar A4 :)

Ben Coman
btw, /putting on the paranoid hat/
be careful using that really nice lighthouse graphic.  Its someone else's copyright.
Actually I can almost see a cartoon guy on the top platform looking out over a fleet of Java and C++ boats on a stormy sea.
cheers -ben

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 4:16 AM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi sven

here is one of several that I will send :)

Re: Pillar A4 :)

sebastianconcept@gmail.co
Fasten your eye’s seat-belts folks…

This one aims to win the beauty contest XD

flow.flyer.pdf (1M) Download Attachment

Re: Pillar A4 :)

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Thanks!

> On 23 Jan 2015, at 14:32, Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Fasten your eye’s seat-belts folks…
>
> This one aims to win the beauty contest XD
>

> <flow.flyer.pdf>

Re: Pillar A4 :)

Esteban A. Maringolo
Sorry, what are those?

I don't understand. :-/

Esteban A. Maringolo

> One on Voyage :)

Re: Pillar A4 :)

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 23 Jan 2015, at 15:15, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sorry, what are those?
>
> I don't understand. :-/

These are 'posters' for the Pharo Project Expo for next week, afterwards they will become available online too.

You can make some if you like...

> Esteban A. Maringolo

>> One on Voyage :)

Re: Pillar A4 :)

Ben Coman
Some feedback on design I hope is useful.

* Citizen -  I like the perpendicular layout of "cite" and "zen".  I never got it before that it was for citations.  Nice branding.  Maybe you could put a mortar board hat on top of the big "C"

* Bloc - while considering copyright, maybe use a Tetris looking image for the background (http://tinyurl.com/ktpdvwg) or (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris#mediaviewer/File:NES_Tetris_Box_Front.jpg)

* Flow - I find the text under the storm-trooper a bit negative and confusing.  I don't think you mean to imply that you can't actually do that in Smalltalk, which is the impression I got.  Maybe something like... "Smalltalk _was_ the HTML5 single-page platform I was looking for!" or just...

Now the split of "consultants" over two lines grated, so I presumed to wordsmith your text...
    Flow's mission provides consultants,
    startups and software houses
    with a competitive full-stack Smalltalk
    framework for quick demo delivery with
    all the modern html5 features the
    market expects today (2014).
    Use tactically for gaining momentum
    with prospects and clients, then
    scale to full projects successfully
    delivered by kickass
    productive teams or individuals.

Try to get the bottom of the github link text to align with the bottom of the stormtrooper image, so the whitespace beneath is a full width rectangle.

You don't necessarily need to say what is the "front end" and what is the "back end".  Deleting that text provides the opportunity to stack the three logos vertically, centred over the bottom left Qcode. Drop the "there" in "favourite there" so it doesn't overhang the Qcode.

Move the dots of the eyes to be looking at the word "flow" through the whitespace left by moving the logos.

(Sorry to go to town Sebastian, but I saw more potential.)

HTH
cheers -ben

P.S. Sorry I don't have any of my own.  I really should resurrect my masters project onto latest Pharo/Roassal.

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:22 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 23 Jan 2015, at 15:15, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sorry, what are those?
>
> I don't understand. :-/

These are 'posters' for the Pharo Project Expo for next week, afterwards they will become available online too.

You can make some if you like...

> Esteban A. Maringolo

>> One on Voyage :)

Re: Pillar A4 :)

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 23 Jan 2015, at 16:41, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Some feedback on design I hope is useful.

Hi Ben, your feedback is useful, but I want to stress that this is not a design contest: it is developers marketing to developers. The goal is to advertise what we have.

BTW, in terms of marketing, we already lost to these guys:

 http://gt.moosetechnology.org

the two movies are hard to beat, right ?

Luckily they are on our side ;-)

Sven

> * Citizen -  I like the perpendicular layout of "cite" and "zen".  I never got it before that it was for citations.  Nice branding.  Maybe you could put a mortar board hat on top of the big "C"
>
> * Bloc - while considering copyright, maybe use a Tetris looking image for the background (http://tinyurl.com/ktpdvwg) or (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris#mediaviewer/File:NES_Tetris_Box_Front.jpg)
>
> * Flow - I find the text under the storm-trooper a bit negative and confusing.  I don't think you mean to imply that you can't actually do that in Smalltalk, which is the impression I got.  Maybe something like... "Smalltalk _was_ the HTML5 single-page platform I was looking for!" or just...
>
> Now the split of "consultants" over two lines grated, so I presumed to wordsmith your text...
>     Flow's mission provides consultants,
>     startups and software houses
>     with a competitive full-stack Smalltalk
>     framework for quick demo delivery with
>     all the modern html5 features the
>     market expects today (2014).
>     Use tactically for gaining momentum
>     with prospects and clients, then
>     scale to full projects successfully
>     delivered by kickass
>     productive teams or individuals.
>
> Try to get the bottom of the github link text to align with the bottom of the stormtrooper image, so the whitespace beneath is a full width rectangle.
>
> You don't necessarily need to say what is the "front end" and what is the "back end".  Deleting that text provides the opportunity to stack the three logos vertically, centred over the bottom left Qcode. Drop the "there" in "favourite there" so it doesn't overhang the Qcode.
>
> Move the dots of the eyes to be looking at the word "flow" through the whitespace left by moving the logos.
>
> (Sorry to go to town Sebastian, but I saw more potential.)
>
> HTH
> cheers -ben
>
> P.S. Sorry I don't have any of my own.  I really should resurrect my masters project onto latest Pharo/Roassal.
>

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:22 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On 23 Jan 2015, at 15:15, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry, what are those?
> >
> > I don't understand. :-/
>
> These are 'posters' for the Pharo Project Expo for next week, afterwards they will become available online too.
>
> You can make some if you like...
>
> > Esteban A. Maringolo

> >> One on Voyage :)

Re: Pillar A4 :)

Ben Coman
Thanks Sven.  I wasn't clear on the context, and just sometimes I just can't stop the mind working.

Agreed, those Moose movies were fantastic.  I want to know if they hire out for weddings and birthdays ;)

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 1:10 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 23 Jan 2015, at 16:41, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Some feedback on design I hope is useful.

Hi Ben, your feedback is useful, but I want to stress that this is not a design contest: it is developers marketing to developers. The goal is to advertise what we have.

BTW, in terms of marketing, we already lost to these guys:

 http://gt.moosetechnology.org

the two movies are hard to beat, right ?

Luckily they are on our side ;-)

Sven

> * Citizen -  I like the perpendicular layout of "cite" and "zen".  I never got it before that it was for citations.  Nice branding.  Maybe you could put a mortar board hat on top of the big "C"
>
> * Bloc - while considering copyright, maybe use a Tetris looking image for the background (http://tinyurl.com/ktpdvwg) or (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris#mediaviewer/File:NES_Tetris_Box_Front.jpg)
>
> * Flow - I find the text under the storm-trooper a bit negative and confusing.  I don't think you mean to imply that you can't actually do that in Smalltalk, which is the impression I got.  Maybe something like... "Smalltalk _was_ the HTML5 single-page platform I was looking for!" or just...
>
> Now the split of "consultants" over two lines grated, so I presumed to wordsmith your text...
>     Flow's mission provides consultants,
>     startups and software houses
>     with a competitive full-stack Smalltalk
>     framework for quick demo delivery with
>     all the modern html5 features the
>     market expects today (2014).
>     Use tactically for gaining momentum
>     with prospects and clients, then
>     scale to full projects successfully
>     delivered by kickass
>     productive teams or individuals.
>
> Try to get the bottom of the github link text to align with the bottom of the stormtrooper image, so the whitespace beneath is a full width rectangle.
>
> You don't necessarily need to say what is the "front end" and what is the "back end".  Deleting that text provides the opportunity to stack the three logos vertically, centred over the bottom left Qcode. Drop the "there" in "favourite there" so it doesn't overhang the Qcode.
>
> Move the dots of the eyes to be looking at the word "flow" through the whitespace left by moving the logos.
>
> (Sorry to go to town Sebastian, but I saw more potential.)
>
> HTH
> cheers -ben
>
> P.S. Sorry I don't have any of my own.  I really should resurrect my masters project onto latest Pharo/Roassal.
>

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:22 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On 23 Jan 2015, at 15:15, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry, what are those?
> >
> > I don't understand. :-/
>
> These are 'posters' for the Pharo Project Expo for next week, afterwards they will become available online too.
>
> You can make some if you like...
>
> > Esteban A. Maringolo

> >> One on Voyage :)

Re: Pillar A4 :)

Offray
Yep, some data visualization and moldable tools on weddings and
birthdays would make a memorable party ;-)

Offray

El 23/01/15 a las 12:15, Ben Coman escribió:

> [...]
>       >
>       > On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:22 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]
>      <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>       >
>       > > On 23 Jan 2015, at 15:15, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]
>      <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>       > >
>       > > Sorry, what are those?
>       > >
>       > > I don't understand. :-/
>       >
>       > These are 'posters' for the Pharo Project Expo for next week, afterwards
>      they will become available online too.
>       >
>       > You can make some if you like...
>       >
>       > > Esteban A. Maringolo
>       > >
>       > >
>       > > 2015-01-22 17:36 GMT-03:00 stepharo <[hidden email]

Re: Pillar A4 :)

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 23 Jan 2015, at 18:33, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yep, some data visualization and moldable tools on weddings and birthdays would make a memorable party ;-)

Haha, indeed !

> [...]
>>      >
>>      > On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:22 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>      >
>>      > > On 23 Jan 2015, at 15:15, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>      > >
>>      > > Sorry, what are those?
>>      > >
>>      > > I don't understand. :-/
>>      >
>>      > These are 'posters' for the Pharo Project Expo for next week, afterwards
>>     they will become available online too.
>>      >
>>      > You can make some if you like...
>>      >
>>      > > Esteban A. Maringolo
>>      > >
>>      > >
>>      > > 2015-01-22 17:36 GMT-03:00 stepharo <[hidden email]

Re: Pillar A4 :)

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Esteban,

I see GemStone logo in Flor poster. Could you explain? Does Flow support GemStone persistency besides NoSQL backends (as I thought Flow used). Do you have a common API for them or how do you manage that?

Best,

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>>      >
>>      > On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:22 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>      >
>>      > > On 23 Jan 2015, at 15:15, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>      > >
>>      > > Sorry, what are those?
>>      > >
>>      > > I don't understand. :-/
>>      >
>>      > These are 'posters' for the Pharo Project Expo for next week, afterwards
>>     they will become available online too.
>>      >
>>      > You can make some if you like...
>>      >
>>      > > Esteban A. Maringolo
>>      > >
>>      > >
>>      > > 2015-01-22 17:36 GMT-03:00 stepharo <[hidden email]

Re: Pillar A4 :)

Esteban A. Maringolo
I didn't build Flow, nor use it on GemStone. But to clarify concepts
Flow is a full web stack which *uses* Mapless for its persistence.

Mapless is a NoSQL framework using MongoDB by default, but AFAIK there
is a Mapless implementation using GemStone/S, which is no surprise
given the fact that most NoSQL are key-value storage, way less than
what a persistent Dictionary can provide. :)

I'm looking forward to bring Mapless to PostgreSQL, considering PG 9.4
have native JSONB storage.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

> Hi Esteban,
>
> I see GemStone logo in Flor poster. Could you explain? Does Flow support
> GemStone persistency besides NoSQL backends (as I thought Flow used). Do you
> have a common API for them or how do you manage that?
>
> Best,
>

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> > On 23 Jan 2015, at 18:33, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
>> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Yep, some data visualization and moldable tools on weddings and
>> > birthdays would make a memorable party ;-)
>>
>> Haha, indeed !
>>
>> > Offray

> --
> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Pillar A4 :)

sebastianconcept@gmail.co
Yes! all that :D

The Mapless on Postgres card is getting dusty:

We should pair on that Esteban!

Also anyone else interested to pair on it is welcome.

Mongo is okay but Postgres JSON got pretty awesome after last release

   <[hidden email]>> wrote:

Sorry, what are those?

I don't understand. :-/

These are 'posters' for the Pharo Project Expo for next week,
afterwards
   they will become available online too.

You can make some if you like...

Esteban A. Maringolo