Pillar: Link to anchor in same document

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I'm updating the Pharo website and want to link to an anchor on the same page.

And after reading https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/PillarChap/Pillar.pillar.html , I tried:
    *Ubuntu ppa instructions>ubuntu*
but it linked to http://pharo.org/ubuntu instead of http://pharo.org/gnu-linux-installation.STAGE#ubuntu

Then I tried:
*Ubuntu ppa instructions>@ubuntu* -> linked back to the same page, but no anchor was appended
*Ubuntu ppa instructions>#ubuntu* -> worked, but rendered the link text as "¿?Ubuntu ppa instructions"

How should I handle this? For the time being I'll leave the last version which works at least...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Pillar: Link to anchor in same document

Damien Cassou
Hi Sean,

Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> writes:

> I'm updating the Pharo website and want to link to an anchor on the same
> page.
>
> And after reading
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/PillarChap/Pillar.pillar.html
> , I tried:
>     *Ubuntu ppa instructions>ubuntu*
> but it linked to http://pharo.org/ubuntu instead of
> http://pharo.org/gnu-linux-installation.STAGE#ubuntu
>
> Then I tried:
> *Ubuntu ppa instructions>@ubuntu* -> linked back to the same page, but no
> anchor was appended
> *Ubuntu ppa instructions>#ubuntu* -> worked, but rendered the link text as
> "¿?Ubuntu ppa instructions"
>
> How should I handle this? For the time being I'll leave the last version
> which works at least...

there is a bug in Pillar. We've just spent 1h on it with Cyril and our
conclusion is that the current numbering feature of Pillar is too
complex to be maintained. We will rewrite it. In the meantime, you just
can't use anchors. I'm sorry.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st