[Pillar][editor][Pharo 6.1] How do I get to work 'Transform code snippets to new format'?

[Pillar][editor][Pharo 6.1] How do I get to work 'Transform code snippets to new format'?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

In a pristine Pharo 6.0/6.1 image I installed Pillar [1]. The editor
for Pillar code works fine. It includes a menu entry

     'Transform code snippets to new format'

If I choose this entry a debug window appears [2]. It seems that I
need to install an additional package.

Which one and how do I do that?

Thank you in advance

Hannes

[1] Not through the catalog but with

      Metacello new
      smalltalkhubUser: 'Pier' project: 'Pillar';
      configuration: 'Pillar';
      version: #stable;
      load.

This version comes with a Pillar editor.
The version in the catalog seems to be older and does not contain a
Pillar editor.

[2] PPActionParser(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #island
GTOldCodeSnippet>>start
[ :class :parser |
parser setParser: (parser perform: parser children first name).
parser productionNames
        keysAndValuesDo:
                [ :key :value | (parser instVarAt: key) setParser: (parser perform:
value) ] ] in GTOldCodeSnippet class(PPCompositeParser
class)>>newStartingAt:
[ :assoc | aBlock value: assoc key value: assoc value ] in
IdentityDictionary(Dictionary)>>keysAndValuesDo:
[ :each | each ifNotNil: [ aBlock value: each ] ] in
IdentityDictionary(Dictionary)>>associationsDo:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
IdentityDictionary(Dictionary)>>associationsDo:
IdentityDictionary(Dictionary)>>keysAndValuesDo:
GTOldCodeSnippet class(PPCompositeParser class)>>newStartingAt:
GTOldCodeSnippet class(PPCompositeParser class)>>new
[ :rub |
| newContents |
newContents := GTOldCodeSnippet new parse: self contents.
self
        ensureDelete;
        writeStreamDo: [ :s | s nextPutAll: newContents ].
rub update ] in FileReference>>gtInspectorPillarIn:
BlockClosure>>glamourValueWithArgs:
GLMGenericAction(GLMAction)>>actOn:
GLMGenericAction(GLMAction)>>morphicActOn:
[ | selArgCount |
"show cursor in case item opens a new MVC window"
(selArgCount := selector numArgs) = 0
        ifTrue: [ target perform: selector ]
        ifFalse: [ selArgCount = arguments size
                        ifTrue: [ target perform: selector withArguments: arguments ]
                        ifFalse: [ target perform: selector withArguments: (arguments
copyWith: evt) ].
                self showShortcut ].
self changed ] in ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>invokeWithEvent:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
CursorWithMask(Cursor)>>showWhile:
ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>invokeWithEvent:
ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>mouseUp:
ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>handleMouseUp:

Re: [Pillar][editor][Pharo 6.1] How do I get to work 'Transform code snippets to new format'?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Indeed, this depends on PetitIslands. But, anyway, this feature was a transformation for migrating old Pier line-based sources (starting with =) to newer Pillar-based one (with [[[ ]]]). I will remove this feature because it is not really needed anymore.

Cheers,
Doru

> On Sep 1, 2017, at 12:00 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> In a pristine Pharo 6.0/6.1 image I installed Pillar [1]. The editor
> for Pillar code works fine. It includes a menu entry
>
>     'Transform code snippets to new format'
>
> If I choose this entry a debug window appears [2]. It seems that I
> need to install an additional package.
>
> Which one and how do I do that?
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Hannes
>

> [1] Not through the catalog but with
>
>      Metacello new
>      smalltalkhubUser: 'Pier' project: 'Pillar';
>      configuration: 'Pillar';
>      version: #stable;
>      load.
>
> This version comes with a Pillar editor.
> The version in the catalog seems to be older and does not contain a
> Pillar editor.
>

> [2] PPActionParser(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #island
> GTOldCodeSnippet>>start
> [ :class :parser |
> parser setParser: (parser perform: parser children first name).
> parser productionNames
> keysAndValuesDo:
> [ :key :value | (parser instVarAt: key) setParser: (parser perform:
> value) ] ] in GTOldCodeSnippet class(PPCompositeParser
> class)>>newStartingAt:
> [ :assoc | aBlock value: assoc key value: assoc value ] in
> IdentityDictionary(Dictionary)>>keysAndValuesDo:
> [ :each | each ifNotNil: [ aBlock value: each ] ] in
> IdentityDictionary(Dictionary)>>associationsDo:
> Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
> IdentityDictionary(Dictionary)>>associationsDo:
> IdentityDictionary(Dictionary)>>keysAndValuesDo:
> GTOldCodeSnippet class(PPCompositeParser class)>>newStartingAt:
> GTOldCodeSnippet class(PPCompositeParser class)>>new
> [ :rub |
> | newContents |
> newContents := GTOldCodeSnippet new parse: self contents.
> self
> ensureDelete;
> writeStreamDo: [ :s | s nextPutAll: newContents ].
> rub update ] in FileReference>>gtInspectorPillarIn:
> BlockClosure>>glamourValueWithArgs:
> GLMGenericAction(GLMAction)>>actOn:
> GLMGenericAction(GLMAction)>>morphicActOn:
> [ | selArgCount |
> "show cursor in case item opens a new MVC window"
> (selArgCount := selector numArgs) = 0
> ifTrue: [ target perform: selector ]
> ifFalse: [ selArgCount = arguments size
> ifTrue: [ target perform: selector withArguments: arguments ]
> ifFalse: [ target perform: selector withArguments: (arguments
> copyWith: evt) ].
> self showShortcut ].
> self changed ] in ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>invokeWithEvent:
> BlockClosure>>ensure:
> CursorWithMask(Cursor)>>showWhile:
> ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>invokeWithEvent:
> ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>mouseUp:
> ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>>handleMouseUp:

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Innovation comes in the least expected form.
That is, if it is expected, it already happened."