Pimon.Figure in VW

Usman Bhatti
I am working on porting an FCA library from VW to Pharo.
In VW, classes LatticeNode and Lattice inherit from a class: Pimon.Figure.

The corresponding classes in pharo, already ported, inherit from ProtoObject.
My question: Is there an easy workaround (that is inheriting from a similar class in pharo doing the work of Pimon.Figure) or do I need to rewrite these Lattice and LatticeNode classes?

thanx

Usman

Re: Pimon.Figure in VW

Tudor Girba-2
Pimon is a simple graphical engine.

Inheriting from Figure only provided display facility. It is not essential for the algorithm. So, you should not do anything in this direction.

Now that you mentioned, you should get those classes inherit from Object instead of ProtoObject.

Doru

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am working on porting an FCA library from VW to Pharo.
In VW, classes LatticeNode and Lattice inherit from a class: Pimon.Figure.

The corresponding classes in pharo, already ported, inherit from ProtoObject.
My question: Is there an easy workaround (that is inheriting from a similar class in pharo doing the work of Pimon.Figure) or do I need to rewrite these Lattice and LatticeNode classes?

thanx

Usman

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Pimon.Figure in VW

Usman Bhatti
On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Pimon is a simple graphical engine.

Inheriting from Figure only provided display facility. It is not essential for the algorithm. So, you should not do anything in this direction.

Now that algos are working, I am looking to create full lattices on top of the algos: because I need to find patterns in the lattices (the approach is constructed like that) and it is more evident to manipulate lattices than simple concepts. Thats why now I am looking at the classes that create and display FCA lattices. So I thought there might be a straightforward solution to the problem.

Now that you mentioned, you should get those classes inherit from Object instead of ProtoObject.

Ok I'll do it.

Doru

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am working on porting an FCA library from VW to Pharo.
In VW, classes LatticeNode and Lattice inherit from a class: Pimon.Figure.

The corresponding classes in pharo, already ported, inherit from ProtoObject.
My question: Is there an easy workaround (that is inheriting from a similar class in pharo doing the work of Pimon.Figure) or do I need to rewrite these Lattice and LatticeNode classes?

thanx

Usman

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Pimon.Figure in VW

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

On 14 Oct 2011, at 15:51, Usman Bhatti wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Pimon is a simple graphical engine.
>
> Inheriting from Figure only provided display facility. It is not essential for the algorithm. So, you should not do anything in this direction.
>
> Now that algos are working

Where is the code?

> I am looking to create full lattices on top of the algos: because I need to find patterns in the lattices (the approach is constructed like that) and it is more evident to manipulate lattices than simple concepts. Thats why now I am looking at the classes that create and display FCA lattices. So I thought there might be a straightforward solution to the problem.

Most likely you will be better off using Mondrian for this.

Doru

> Now that you mentioned, you should get those classes inherit from Object instead of ProtoObject.
>
> Ok I'll do it.
>

> Doru
>

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am working on porting an FCA library from VW to Pharo.
> In VW, classes LatticeNode and Lattice inherit from a class: Pimon.Figure.
>
> The corresponding classes in pharo, already ported, inherit from ProtoObject.
> My question: Is there an easy workaround (that is inheriting from a similar class in pharo doing the work of Pimon.Figure) or do I need to rewrite these Lattice and LatticeNode classes?
>
> thanx
>
> Usman

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

www.tudorgirba.com

"Presenting is storytelling."

Re: Pimon.Figure in VW

Usman Bhatti
On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On 14 Oct 2011, at 15:51, Usman Bhatti wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Pimon is a simple graphical engine.
>
> Inheriting from Figure only provided display facility. It is not essential for the algorithm. So, you should not do anything in this direction.
>
> Now that algos are working

Where is the code?

The code is on my machine. Let me know the repo and I'll commit it there. I am still playing with the presentation (lattice construction) part.

> I am looking to create full lattices on top of the algos: because I need to find patterns in the lattices (the approach is constructed like that) and it is more evident to manipulate lattices than simple concepts. Thats why now I am looking at the classes that create and display FCA lattices. So I thought there might be a straightforward solution to the problem.

Most likely you will be better off using Mondrian for this.

Yes. I am trying to use Mondrian entities for lattice building. So, I am trying to understand and adapt the VW display classes for Pharo using Mondrian.
There are two classes: Lattice and LatticeNode. Lattice contains LatticeNodes. I am working on subclassing Lattice class from MONode and adding elements (LatticeNodes) to it.

Doru

> Now that you mentioned, you should get those classes inherit from Object instead of ProtoObject.
>
> Ok I'll do it.
>

> Doru
>

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am working on porting an FCA library from VW to Pharo.
> In VW, classes LatticeNode and Lattice inherit from a class: Pimon.Figure.
>
> The corresponding classes in pharo, already ported, inherit from ProtoObject.
> My question: Is there an easy workaround (that is inheriting from a similar class in pharo doing the work of Pimon.Figure) or do I need to rewrite these Lattice and LatticeNode classes?
>
> thanx
>
> Usman

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

www.tudorgirba.com

"Presenting is storytelling."

Re: Pimon.Figure in VW

Usman Bhatti
Now, I can draw lattices with Mondrian. I need to upload the code although its a bit smelly.
Should I create my own repo?

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On 14 Oct 2011, at 15:51, Usman Bhatti wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Pimon is a simple graphical engine.
>
> Inheriting from Figure only provided display facility. It is not essential for the algorithm. So, you should not do anything in this direction.
>
> Now that algos are working

Where is the code?

The code is on my machine. Let me know the repo and I'll commit it there. I am still playing with the presentation (lattice construction) part.

> I am looking to create full lattices on top of the algos: because I need to find patterns in the lattices (the approach is constructed like that) and it is more evident to manipulate lattices than simple concepts. Thats why now I am looking at the classes that create and display FCA lattices. So I thought there might be a straightforward solution to the problem.

Most likely you will be better off using Mondrian for this.

Yes. I am trying to use Mondrian entities for lattice building. So, I am trying to understand and adapt the VW display classes for Pharo using Mondrian.
There are two classes: Lattice and LatticeNode. Lattice contains LatticeNodes. I am working on subclassing Lattice class from MONode and adding elements (LatticeNodes) to it.

Doru

> Now that you mentioned, you should get those classes inherit from Object instead of ProtoObject.
>
> Ok I'll do it.
>

> Doru
>

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am working on porting an FCA library from VW to Pharo.
> In VW, classes LatticeNode and Lattice inherit from a class: Pimon.Figure.
>
> The corresponding classes in pharo, already ported, inherit from ProtoObject.
> My question: Is there an easy workaround (that is inheriting from a similar class in pharo doing the work of Pimon.Figure) or do I need to rewrite these Lattice and LatticeNode classes?
>
> thanx
>
> Usman

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

www.tudorgirba.com

"Presenting is storytelling."

Re: Pimon.Figure in VW

Stéphane Ducasse
No :)
No multiplication of repo :)

I do not know if there is an inbox for Mondrian
but it would be good that alex have a look and after this is in the mondrian repo.

Stef

On Oct 18, 2011, at 8:34 PM, Usman Bhatti wrote:

> Now, I can draw lattices with Mondrian. I need to upload the code although its a bit smelly.
> Should I create my own repo?
>
> On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 14 Oct 2011, at 15:51, Usman Bhatti wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Pimon is a simple graphical engine.
> >
> > Inheriting from Figure only provided display facility. It is not essential for the algorithm. So, you should not do anything in this direction.
> >
> > Now that algos are working
>
> Where is the code?
>
> The code is on my machine. Let me know the repo and I'll commit it there. I am still playing with the presentation (lattice construction) part.
>

> > I am looking to create full lattices on top of the algos: because I need to find patterns in the lattices (the approach is constructed like that) and it is more evident to manipulate lattices than simple concepts. Thats why now I am looking at the classes that create and display FCA lattices. So I thought there might be a straightforward solution to the problem.
>
> Most likely you will be better off using Mondrian for this.
>
> Yes. I am trying to use Mondrian entities for lattice building. So, I am trying to understand and adapt the VW display classes for Pharo using Mondrian.
> There are two classes: Lattice and LatticeNode. Lattice contains LatticeNodes. I am working on subclassing Lattice class from MONode and adding elements (LatticeNodes) to it.
>

> Doru
>

> > Now that you mentioned, you should get those classes inherit from Object instead of ProtoObject.
> >
> > Ok I'll do it.
> >

> > Doru
> >

> > On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I am working on porting an FCA library from VW to Pharo.
> > In VW, classes LatticeNode and Lattice inherit from a class: Pimon.Figure.
> >
> > The corresponding classes in pharo, already ported, inherit from ProtoObject.
> > My question: Is there an easy workaround (that is inheriting from a similar class in pharo doing the work of Pimon.Figure) or do I need to rewrite these Lattice and LatticeNode classes?
> >
> > thanx
> >
> > Usman

> > --
> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "Every thing has its own flow"

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Presenting is storytelling."

Re: Pimon.Figure in VW

Tudor Girba-2
Wait:
- First, the FCA engine should go into Moose-Algos-FormalConceptAnalysis from the MooseAlgos repository.
- Second, we need tests
- Third, the Mondrian visualizations should be put for the moment in the Moose-MondrianPaintings package from the Moose repository.

Cheers,
Doru

"Don't give to get. Just give."