Pine64

John Pfersich
I've pre-ordered a Pine64 SBC. The write up says it's got a "1.2 Ghz Quad-Core ARM Cortex A53 64-Bit Processor. It has 64 and 32 Bit execution states for scalable high performance power – including a NEON Multimedia processing engine."

Does anybody have an idea whether the vm for the raspberry pi will work with this new computer?

This is what the ARM site says about the A53 processor:

As well as running 64-bit applications, the Cortex-A53 seamlessly and efficiently runs legacy ARM 32-bit applications. It is highly scalable, from a single multi-core CPU cluster, to a dual-cluster big.LITTLE CPU subsystem in combination with the Cortex-A72or Cortex-A57 processor, to a multi-cluster enterprise system connected through AMBA® 5 CHI Coherent Interconnecttechnology. Full ARMv8-A support in a small and highly configurable package means that the Cortex-A53 is highly suited to a broad range of mobile, consumer, general purpose, and enterprise applications.

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

Re: Pine64

Ben Coman
I signed up for the PINE A64+ w/ 2GB SDRAM (March 2016).  I'm
interested in checking out the virtualization capabilities of the A53.

cheers -ben