Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Plague Doctor

roberto.minelli@usi.ch
To follow Stef’s advice of advertising our projects, here is the Plague Doctor!

During development your Pharo IDE will quickly become overcrowded with unused windows. The Plague Doctor is a tool, inspired by Autumn Leaves, that helps you to mitigate this issue by closing the windows that you are less likely to use in the future.

If you want to try our prototype, please install it with the following script or ask me for a quick demo (I am Lille for the PharoDays!).

Gofer new
  smalltalkhubUser: 'RobertoMinelli' project: 'PlagueDoctor'; 
  package: 'ConfigurationOfPlagueDoctor';
  load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfPlagueDoctor) loadDevelopment. 

P.s. If you report a problem or a feature request, please file in an entry
https://github.com/RobertoMinelli/PlagueDoctor/issues

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Plague Doctor

stepharo
:)

Great picture! I love Plague Doctor
freaking guy.

Stef

Le 30/1/15 11:29, Roberto Minelli a écrit :

During development your Pharo IDE will quickly become overcrowded with unused windows. The Plague Doctor is a tool, inspired by Autumn Leaves, that helps you to mitigate this issue by closing the windows that you are less likely to use in the future.

If you want to try our prototype, please install it with the following script or ask me for a quick demo (I am Lille for the PharoDays!).

Gofer new
  load.

Reply | Threaded
|

kilon.alios
Bare in mind that using Copyrighted images without the permission of the author makes you liable to be sued. 

So what is Plague Doctor ? The smalltalkhub description does not help at all, what is that "window plague" ? 

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 1:28 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

freaking guy.

Stef

Gofer new
  load.

Reply | Threaded
|

roberto.minelli@usi.ch
Woop, didn't check for copyright when I did the poster. However, the Plague Doctor monitors the usage of windows in the Pharo IDE and closes the ones that are likely not to be used. It uses (optional) visual clues the "importance" of a windows (heat scale from blue to red) and fades away not used windows.

It's easier if you give it a try!

On 30 Jan 2015, at 12:57, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:

Bare in mind that using Copyrighted images without the permission of the author makes you liable to be sued. 

So what is Plague Doctor ? The smalltalkhub description does not help at all, what is that "window plague" ? 

freaking guy.

Stef

Gofer new
  load.

<mime-attachment.png>

Reply | Threaded
|

kilon.alios
Easier for you or me ? :D

Unfortunately my free time is too limited to try everything that pops up to the mailing list to later find out that I can't get it to work because of limited/non existent  documentation  and me having no clue what the thing is doing or spend time on something that does not interest me. So its easier to just ignore it and move on. 

But since I am super interested to solutions that make managing windows more manageable (pun intended) I can't resist trying this out.  

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 4:35 PM, Roberto Minelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Woop, didn't check for copyright when I did the poster. However, the Plague Doctor monitors the usage of windows in the Pharo IDE and closes the ones that are likely not to be used. It uses (optional) visual clues the "importance" of a windows (heat scale from blue to red) and fades away not used windows.

It's easier if you give it a try!

On 30 Jan 2015, at 12:57, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:

freaking guy.

Stef

Gofer new
  load.

<mime-attachment.png>