Plan for releases: after 1.4 I propose that we do a stabilization release

Plan for releases: after 1.4 I propose that we do a stabilization release

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

I was thinking about our process and I was thinking that it would be good to have a release where we only focus on bugs and regression
testing.

So what I see is that for 1.4 we will have
        FS
        Nautilus
        OPAL
        SystemAnnouncement
        (may be RPackage)
        Ring

So this will be a lot. So we could have 1.5 where we take the time to let the bugs popping up and get fixed.
We would concentrate also on external packages and libraries like a UIBuilder. Bootstrap.

I'm not sure that the proposed idea may work but we should give a try.

Re: Plan for releases: after 1.4 I propose that we do a stabilization release

Damien Cassou
On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm not sure that the proposed idea may work but we should give a try.

A lot of open source projects have releases like this (e.g., Ubuntu)
and I think it is a good idea.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Plan for releases: after 1.4 I propose that we do a stabilization release

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Damien Cassou wrote
and I think it is a good idea.
+1. And it comes at a great time now that FS and Zinc will be in the image - they were so needed!

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Plan for releases: after 1.4 I propose that we do a stabilization release

Luc Fabresse

2011/8/27 Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]>

Damien Cassou wrote:

> and I think it is a good idea.

+1. And it comes at a great time now that FS and Zinc will be in the image -
they were so needed!

+1
It would be great to have RPackage also because it will imply a lot of changes that need stabilization. But if it is not possible, it will be for the next next one.

Luc

Sean