Planet squeak and friends

Bruce O'Neel-2
Hi,

This now seems to work though there are a few points:

* http://pharo.org/news/atom.xml gives me a 502, but, http://pharo.org/news/ works fine.  Could someone look into this please?

* I have renamed any site that still responds but has not been updated in 2017 to Historical - site name.  There are sadly only 6 sites NOT marked historical and 16 marked historical.  Surely there are some other squeak/pharo/?? blogs, right?  If so, please send them to me!

* In a few weeks most of the historical sites will disapear.

* I've not looked hard at any other than planet.squeak.org.

* Planetfr.squeak.org had no sites.  Should we keep it?

* As sad as I might be about it, croquet seems to have passed on.  Should I just get rid of planetcroquet?

Thanks.  And thanks for the responses before.  I'll implement them, don't worry.

cheers

bruce

Re: Planet squeak and friends

Simon Michael
Hi Bruce, thanks for working on it.

I see you've moved planet*.squeak.org to another server and are making
updates. Great!

On 6/25/17 7:54 AM, Bruce O'Neel wrote:
> This now seems to work though there are a few points:
>
> * [http://pharo.org/news/atom.xml](http://pharo.org/news/atom.xml) gives me a 502, but, [http://pharo.org/news/](http://pharo.org/news/atom.xml) works fine.  Could someone look into this please?

That's a little confusing. Are you moving/mirroring planet squeak to the
pharo.org namespace ?

> * I have renamed any site that still responds but has not been updated in 2017 to Historical - site name.  There are sadly only 6 sites NOT marked historical and 16 marked historical.  Surely there are some other squeak/pharo/?? blogs, right?  If so, please send them to me!
>
> * In a few weeks most of the historical sites will disapear.Â

Sounds good, I guess.

> * I've not looked hard at any other than planet.squeak.org.Â
>
> * Planetfr.squeak.org had no sites.  Should we keep it?
Nope,
> * As sad as I might be about it, croquet seems to have passed on.  Should I just get rid of planetcroquet?

Yep.

How about putting planetes on leave as well. It doesn't make sense to
have an aggregator for one active feed.

Any of these could be revived later if necessary. Or the active feeds
could be merged into the main planet, unless the mixed languages make
that too noisy.

planetmisc.squeak.org - I've never heard of anyone using this, your call..

planet.smalltalk.org - hmm, still going strong. Do you think it still
makes sense to have squeak-ish planet(s) separate from planet smalltalk
? Would it be better to focus everything there instead ?

Best
-Simon

Re: Planet squeak and friends

Tobias Pape

> On 25.06.2017, at 20:33, Simon Michael <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Bruce, thanks for working on it.
>
> I see you've moved planet*.squeak.org to another server and are making updates. Great!
>

> On 6/25/17 7:54 AM, Bruce O'Neel wrote:
>> This now seems to work though there are a few points:
>>   * [http://pharo.org/news/atom.xml](http://pharo.org/news/atom.xml) gives me a 502, but, [http://pharo.org/news/](http://pharo.org/news/atom.xml) works fine.  Could someone look into this please?
>
> That's a little confusing. Are you moving/mirroring planet squeak to the pharo.org namespace ?
>
>> * I have renamed any site that still responds but has not been updated in 2017 to Historical - site name.  There are sadly only 6 sites NOT marked historical and 16 marked historical.  Surely there are some other squeak/pharo/?? blogs, right?  If so, please send them to me!
>>   * In a few weeks most of the historical sites will disapear.Â
>
> Sounds good, I guess.
>
>> * I've not looked hard at any other than planet.squeak.org.Â
>>   * Planetfr.squeak.org had no sites.  Should we keep it?
> Nope,
>> * As sad as I might be about it, croquet seems to have passed on.  Should I just get rid of planetcroquet?
>
> Yep.
>
> How about putting planetes on leave as well. It doesn't make sense to have an aggregator for one active feed.
>
> Any of these could be revived later if necessary. Or the active feeds could be merged into the main planet, unless the mixed languages make that too noisy.
>
> planetmisc.squeak.org - I've never heard of anyone using this, your call..
>
> planet.smalltalk.org - hmm, still going strong. Do you think it still makes sense to have squeak-ish planet(s) separate from planet smalltalk ? Would it be better to focus everything there instead ?

Note that this particular planet is not currently on the new squeak infrastructure.

best regards
        -tobias

> Best
> -Simon

Re: [Pharo-users] Planet squeak and friends

Ben Coman
Thanks Bruce for taking this on.

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 10:54 PM, Bruce O'Neel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

This now seems to work though there are a few points:

* http://pharo.org/news/atom.xml gives me a 502, but, http://pharo.org/news/ works fine.  Could someone look into this please?

* I have renamed any site that still responds but has not been updated in 2017 to Historical - site name.  There are sadly only 6 sites NOT marked historical and 16 marked historical.  Surely there are some other squeak/pharo/?? blogs, right?  If so, please send them to me!

Six months seems a really short history.  I have my next post 90% done and planning to publish in a few weeks.
Can we not cater for people that post irregularly?   Prior to my 2016 stint of posts, my next previous post was 2012.  Sean's last post still seems relevant.  I propose the general historical filter be two years.   Or do we just want frequent authors?

Also, the Squeak Oversight Board should probably be kept proforma, even if announcements are infrequent.

2016.09 - Ben Coman
2015.03 - Sean DeNigris
2015.01 - Squeak Oversight Board

2014.09 - Steve Wessels
2014.08 - Bert Freudenberg
2014.08 - Julian Fitzell
2012.04 - Michael Van der Gulik
2012.04 - Bernhard Pieber
2011.09 - Andreas Raab
2011.03 - SqueakNOS
2011.02 - Ian Trudel
2010.10 - Ramon Leon
2010.10 - Squeakland
2010.02 - Milan Zimmermann
2009.08 - Summer of Squeak
2009.06 - Darius
2006.04 - Suslov Nikolay

* In a few weeks most of the historical sites will disapear.

Can they be moved to a "Historical" section of the sidebar (like "See also"),
so as to not totally lose track of historical characters?
Or is that not suitable for an aggregation site?

* I've not looked hard at any other than planet.squeak.org

* Planetfr.squeak.org had no sites.  Should we keep it?

* As sad as I might be about it, croquet seems to have passed on.  Should I just get rid of planetcroquet?

Thanks.  And thanks for the responses before.  I'll implement them, don't worry.

A few more here...

2017.06 - Tudor Girba, Humane assessment (http://humane-assessment.com/blog)
2017.06 - Torsten Bergmann, The Hitchhiker's Guide to ... (https://astares.blogspot.com.au/)
2017.06 - Hernan Morales biosmalltalk (https://biosmalltalk.blogspot.com.au)
2017.06 - Ecole des Mines, Components, Agents, and Robots (http://car.mines-douai.fr/)
2017.05 - Pierce Ng, Smalltalk programming for the web (http://www.samadhiweb.com/blog)
2017.03 - Clement Bera, Tips 'n Tricks (https://clementbera.wordpress.com/)
2017.02 - Eliot Miranda, Cog Blog (http://www.mirandabanda.org/cogblog)
2016.08 - Yuriy Tymchuk, Uko on Code and Sleepy Coders (http://blog.yuriy.tymch.uk/)
2016.06 - Hernan Morales, 80738163270632 (https://80738163270632.blogspot.com.au/)

2015.03 - Mariano Martinez Peck, Sending messages (https://marianopeck.wordpress.com/)
2015.02 - S. Krish, Skrishnamachari’s Weblog (https://skrishnamachari.wordpress.com/)
2015.02 - Mark Rizun, Coding is Fun (https://myfuncoding.blogspot.com.au/)
2014.05 - Yuriy Tymchuk, Sleepy Coders (https://sleepycoders.blogspot.com.au/)
2014.02 - Philippe Back, The Philippe Back Report (http://philippeback.be/?s=pharo)
2013.09 - Laurent Laffont, MaGaLoMa (https://magaloma.blogspot.com.au/)
2013.09 - Guille Polito, Playing with Objects (https://playingwithobjects.wordpress.com/)
2012.06 - Igor Stasenko, Computer Adventures (https://computeradventures.wordpress.com/)
502 BAD GATEWAY Esteban Lorenzano, The Martian Chronicles (http://smallworks.eu/web/blog)

New...
2017.06 - Sven Van Caekenberghe (https://medium.com/concerning-pharo)
2017.05 - Denis Kudriashov (http://dionisiydk.blogspot.com.au/)

cheers -ben

Re: [Pharo-users] Planet squeak and friends

EstebanLM

On 26 Jun 2017, at 05:11, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

woops! fixed :)

cheers!
Esteban

New...
2017.06 - Sven Van Caekenberghe (https://medium.com/concerning-pharo)
2017.05 - Denis Kudriashov (http://dionisiydk.blogspot.com.au/)

cheers -ben

Re: [Pharo-users] Planet squeak and friends

Bruce O'Neel-2

Thanks for all of the help to find more blogs.  I've added all of the ones below that have been updated in the last year.  Keep in mind though that the most recent run cut off at the end of May because we had enough posts by then.

We'll have an updated planet.squeak.org tonight once I get home.

cheers

bruce

26 June 2017 05:11 Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

On 28 Jun 2017, at 16:42, Bruce O'Neel <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks, I'll move it to longer than 6 months.  I was trying to follow Stephane's idea of nothing out of date :-)

I'd love to add   http://pharo.org/web/news

but the RSS feed does not work.  Could someone go kick it so that it works please?

I will fix it next days (sorry I cannot make it immediately)

Esteban