Planning for Seaside Scaling

1 message Options

Planning for Seaside Scaling

Phil
I'm planning for a GLASS application that has lofty goals (100k+ public users) and have been researching scaling.

I know GemStone quite well and have worked with tuning deployments, raw partitions, and tinkering with memory to get impressive results from a traditional GemStone commercial application with many hundreds of concurrent users. This however, will be my first seaside app that (because of it's non-existent budget) will have to grow from the license-free GLASS environment into a commercial production.

Dale's work on the Sushi Example appears to be something I'd like to take advantage of (plus I'm always up for some heresy), and was wondering if there's any plan to generate a Seaside 3 version?

Cheers,

Phil