Please contributors fill up this form...

12

Please contributors fill up this form...

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

I would like to get
        contributors.pharo.org a bit more representative of Pharo.

We should have Previous contributors and enhance the current list.
Can you please reply to this mail

        PharoContributor new
                name: 'Esteban Lorenzano';
                id: 'estebanlm';
                email: '[hidden email]';
                website: 'http://smallworks.eu';
                image: 'http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/193af464509ae8fbcc04abad70b72fc0?s=120';
                yourself

Re: Please contributors fill up this form...

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 09 Oct 2013, at 13:34, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I would like to get
> contributors.pharo.org a bit more representative of Pharo.
>
> We should have Previous contributors and enhance the current list.

Excellent idea!

> Can you please reply to this mail
>
> PharoContributor new
> name: 'Esteban Lorenzano';
> id: 'estebanlm';
> email: '[hidden email]';
> website: 'http://smallworks.eu';
> image: 'http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/193af464509ae8fbcc04abad70b72fc0?s=120';
> yourself
>

> Stef

The full old list was initially included, but the info there might be out of date. Concerning the template, it can be simpler, like this:

  PharoContributor new
    name: 'Esteban Lorenzano';
    email: '[hidden email]';
    website: 'http://smallworks.eu';
    yourself.

More specifically, the #id is not needed unless your name contains non-ASCII characters, it becomes 'estebanlorenzano' in this case. If there is a gravatar linked to the email address that you specified, it will be picked up automatically.

BTW, I would simply change the old contributors page, like we did with consultants page: the list is pretty complete and it might force more people to update their info.

Sven

Re: Please contributors fill up this form...

Clément Béra
Is the mail display on the website a joke on purpose ?

For example, I get on my screen:
$@ join: #('guillermopolito' 'gmail.com')
instead of:

I don't know if it is nice to have that non smalltalker may read this page and my not understand.

Best,

On 09 Oct 2013, at 14:38, Clément Bera <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is the mail display on the website a joke on purpose ?
>
> For example, I get on my screen:
> $@ join: #('guillermopolito' 'gmail.com')
> instead of:
> [hidden email]
>
> I don't know if it is nice to have that non smalltalker may read this page and my not understand.

Yes, it is both a (Smalltalk) joke and a way to obfuscate the email address. But many people, including Smalltalkers, seem to be confused by it.

I can easily change this, but to what ?

> Best,
>
> 2013/10/9 Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]>
> >

> > On 09 Oct 2013, at 13:34, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi guys
> > >
> > > I would like to get
> > >       contributors.pharo.org a bit more representative of Pharo.
> > >
> > > We should have Previous contributors and enhance the current list.
> >
> > Excellent idea!
> >
> > > Can you please reply to this mail
> > >
> > >       PharoContributor new
> > >               name: 'Esteban Lorenzano';
> > >               id: 'estebanlm';
> > >               email: '[hidden email]';
> > >               website: 'http://smallworks.eu';
> > >               image: 'http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/193af464509ae8fbcc04abad70b72fc0?s=120';
> > >               yourself
> > >

> > > Stef
> >
> > The full old list was initially included, but the info there might be out of date. Concerning the template, it can be simpler, like this:
> >
> >   PharoContributor new
> >     name: 'Esteban Lorenzano';
> >     email: '[hidden email]';
> >     website: 'http://smallworks.eu';
> >     yourself.
> >
> > More specifically, the #id is not needed unless your name contains non-ASCII characters, it becomes 'estebanlorenzano' in this case. If there is a gravatar linked to the email address that you specified, it will be picked up automatically.
> >
> > BTW, I would simply change the old contributors page, like we did with consultants page: the list is pretty complete and it might force more people to update their info.
> >
> > Sven

Re: Please contributors fill up this form...

Stéphane Ducasse
may be
>>  #('guillermopolito' , '@',  'gmail.com')

Re: Please contributors fill up this form...

Damien Cassou
On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I can easily change this, but to what ?

I'm always in favor of non obfuscated addresses.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: Please contributors fill up this form...

Uko2

I use this thing http://www.albionresearch.com/misc/obfuscator.php with a JS option.

>> Best,

>>> Excellent idea!

>>> The full old list was initially included, but the info there might be out of date. Concerning the template, it can be simpler, like this:
>>>
>>>  PharoContributor new
>>>    name: 'Esteban Lorenzano';
>>>    email: '[hidden email]';
>>>    website: 'http://smallworks.eu';
>>>    yourself.
>>>
>>> More specifically, the #id is not needed unless your name contains non-ASCII characters, it becomes 'estebanlorenzano' in this case. If there is a gravatar linked to the email address that you specified, it will be picked up automatically.
>>>
>>> BTW, I would simply change the old contributors page, like we did with consultants page: the list is pretty complete and it might force more people to update their info.
>>>
>>> Sven

Re: Please contributors fill up this form...

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Clément Bera-4 wrote
Is the mail display on the website... on purpose ?
Ha ha, I sent out the same response the first time we set that page up...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Please contributors fill up this form...

Mariano Martinez Peck
Sven, here is mine updated:

        PharoContributor new
                name: 'Mariano Martinez Peck';
                email: '[hidden email]';
                yourself

Thanks!

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Clément Bera-4 wrote
> Is the mail display on the website... on purpose ?

Ha ha, I sent out the same response the first time we set that page up...

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Please contributors fill up this form...

Ben Coman
Damien Cassou wrote:
On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe [hidden email] wrote:

I can easily change this, but to what ?

I'm always in favor of non obfuscated addresses.

You could generate an image, though that could be too much trouble.

Re: Please contributors fill up this form...

Max Leske
PharoContributor new
        name: 'Max Leske'
        email: '[hidden email]'
        description: 'Master student at University of Bern, interested in software development and language design. Author and maintainer of FileSystem-Git, contributor to Fuel. Works for Netstyle.ch and Cmsbox where he uses Pharo for almost everything.'

On 09.10.2013, at 13:34, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I would like to get
> contributors.pharo.org a bit more representative of Pharo.
>
> We should have Previous contributors and enhance the current list.
> Can you please reply to this mail
>
> PharoContributor new
> name: 'Esteban Lorenzano';
> id: 'estebanlm';
> email: '[hidden email]';
> website: 'http://smallworks.eu';
> image: 'http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/193af464509ae8fbcc04abad70b72fc0?s=120';
> yourself
>

> Stef

Re: Please contributors fill up this form...

Goubier Thierry
Hi Stef,

here is mine.

Thierry

--
Thierry Goubier
CEA list
Phone/Fax: +33 (0) 1 69 08 32 92 / 83 95

Re: Please contributors fill up this form...

Goubier Thierry
Got the gravatar link wrong :( But unable to get the right one.

Thierry

--
Thierry Goubier
CEA list
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex
France
Phone/Fax: +33 (0) 1 69 08 32 92 / 83 95

Re: Please contributors fill up this form...

SergeStinckwich
This is mine:

     PharoContributor new
                name: 'Serge Stinckwich';
                id: 'SergeStinckwich';
                email: '[hidden email]';
                website: 'http://doesnotunderstand.org/';
Smalltalk evangelist in Asia, SmalltalkParty. Works on Complex System,
Multi-agents System, Robotics';
                yourself

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [PROVENANCE INTERNET] Re: Please contributors fill up this form...

Goubier Thierry
Updated:

PharoContributor new
          name: 'Thierry Goubier';
          id: 'ThierryGoubier';
          email: '[hidden email]';
          website: 'http://www-list.cea.fr';
alternative IDE, gitfiletree, SmaCC, code traces.';
          image:
'http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/b89bd8455c784aff8852c6925cceb9fa.png';
          yourself

--
Thierry Goubier
CEA list
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex
France
Phone/Fax: +33 (0) 1 69 08 32 92 / 83 95

Re: [PROVENANCE INTERNET] Re: Please contributors fill up this form...

Guillermo Polito
  PharoContributor new
                name: 'Guille Polito';
                id: 'guillep';
                email: '[hidden email]';
                website: 'playingwithobjects.wordpress.com';
                image: 'http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/e50b0970fbf94e7086ad065995e55b59.png';
                yourself

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Goubier Thierry <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Usman Bhatti
Here's mine.

PharoContributor new
         name: 'Usman Bhatti';
         id: 'usmanbhatti';
         email: '[hidden email]';
         yourself

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Guillaume Larcheveque
PharoContributor new
         name: 'Guillaume Larcheveque';
         id: 'guillaumelarcheveque';
         email: '[hidden email]';
         yourself

2013/10/10 Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]>
[...]

Guillaume Larcheveque

Re: [PROVENANCE INTERNET] Re: Please contributors fill up this form...

Pavel Krivanek-3
PharoContributor new
         name: 'Pavel Krivanek';
         id: 'PavelKrivanek';
         email: '[hidden email]';
         website: 'http://www.pharo.cz/';
XUL-based native UI (Phobos), Periscope';
         yourself

2013/10/10 Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]>:

> Here's mine.
>
> PharoContributor new
>          name: 'Usman Bhatti';
>          id: 'usmanbhatti';
>          email: '[hidden email]';
>          website: 'http://chercheurs.lille.inria.fr/~bhatti/';
>          yourself
>

> On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Guillermo Polito
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>   PharoContributor new
>>                 name: 'Guille Polito';
>>                 id: 'guillep';
>>                 email: '[hidden email]';
>>                 website: 'playingwithobjects.wordpress.com';
>> Keymappings, have traveled a bit to Mars, ocassional VMer. The wizard of
>> Oz.';
>>                 image:
>> 'http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/e50b0970fbf94e7086ad065995e55b59.png';
>>                 yourself
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Goubier Thierry <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Updated:
>>>

>>> PharoContributor new
>>>          name: 'Thierry Goubier';
>>>          id: 'ThierryGoubier';
>>>          email: '[hidden email]';
>>>          website: 'http://www-list.cea.fr';
>>> alternative IDE, gitfiletree, SmaCC, code traces.';
>>>          image:
>>> 'http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/b89bd8455c784aff8852c6925cceb9fa.png';
>>>          yourself
>>>

>>> Thierry

>>> --
>>> Thierry Goubier
>>> CEA list
>>> Laboratoire des Fondations des Systèmes Temps Réel Embarqués
>>> 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex
>>> France
>>> Phone/Fax: +33 (0) 1 69 08 32 92 / 83 95

Re: [PROVENANCE INTERNET] Re: Please contributors fill up this form...

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
 PharoContributor new
                name: 'Benjamin Van Ryseghem';
                id: 'BenjaminVanRyseghem';