Please support our project for the KNX award 2020

Please support our project for the KNX award 2020

thomas....@natural-software.eu
Hello

We would like to ask you to support our nomination for the KNX Award 2020.

Last year, we finished a project for a new administration building in Leonberg, Germany. This project is a one of a kind in regards to functionality and integration of various systems (lighting, heating/cooling, access control, visualization, multimedia, MS Exchange, etc.)

The whole project is based on VASERControl which is completely developed in VA/Smalltalk.

In Addition to the normal KNX Award, there is a special "peoples choice" award where people can vote for the project they like most.

We would really appreciate it, if you could vote for the project "MAS" on the konnex website

Then please select the project MAS in the list and press vote. If you do not have a Konnex account, you have to register first.

Thank you for your support

Thomas

Re: Please support our project for the KNX award 2020

Mariano Martinez Peck-2
Hi Thomas,

That's very cool! I just gave my 0.2 vote ;)
BTW, it would be nice if you share those awesome Youtube videos you once shared with me. That speaks well about VA possibilities :)

If you have Linkedin / Twitter let me know and I can share there too.

Best,

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 2:44 PM Thomas Stalzer <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mariano Martinez Peck
Software Engineer, Instantiations Inc.

Re: Please support our project for the KNX award 2020

Seth Berman
Hello Thomas,

You definitely got my vote and that of Instantiations!
Well done on this great looking project and the company would definitely be interested in resharing this on our social platforms.
I see the winner will be announced on March 10th, so I'll have someone reach out to you in the next couple of days to see
if you would like us to amplify the great work that you are doing with VAST.

Thanks!

- Seth

On Monday, February 17, 2020 at 9:18:26 AM UTC-5, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
[...]

Twitter: <a href="https://twitter.com/MartinezPeck" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FMartinezPeck\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFPV-7Bnc-U6phGEh-VZU0iUtY7vw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FMartinezPeck\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFPV-7Bnc-U6phGEh-VZU0iUtY7vw&#39;;return true;">https://twitter.com/MartinezPeck
LinkedIn: <a href="https://www.linkedin.com/in/mariano-mart%C3%ADnez-peck/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fin%2Fmariano-mart%25C3%25ADnez-peck%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGyJTUAWXPstaw4J3OpFUYRyFAqmw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fin%2Fmariano-mart%25C3%25ADnez-peck%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGyJTUAWXPstaw4J3OpFUYRyFAqmw&#39;;return true;">www.linkedin.com/in/mariano-martinez-peck
Blog: <a href="https://marianopeck.wordpress.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fmarianopeck.wordpress.com%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHAOaIsyMIYgmQWdQZRuKRdD6gBfw&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fmarianopeck.wordpress.com%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHAOaIsyMIYgmQWdQZRuKRdD6gBfw&#39;;return true;">https://marianopeck.wordpress.com/

Re: Please support our project for the KNX award 2020

Richard Sargent
Administrator
I tried to vote for MAS, but didn't notice that it was showing me a different project after the registration detour. How can I correct my vote?

On Sunday, February 16, 2020 at 9:44:11 AM UTC-8, Thomas Stalzer wrote:
[...]

Hello Richard

That was probably my fault - I updated the project with more pictures. The Konnex need to review any changes so the project was offline for a day (If I would have known that, I would have kept it unchanged.

On Tuesday, February 18, 2020 at 9:36:00 PM UTC+1, Richard Sargent wrote:
I tried to vote for MAS, but didn't notice that it was showing me a different project after the registration detour. How can I correct my vote?

Re: Please support our project for the KNX award 2020

thomas....@natural-software.eu

The project has been quite a challenge. All-in-all we have

  • Around 1.200 individual lights grouped together in 95 groups
    • Partialy HCL lighting – color temperature of LED lights are adjusted to daytime (e.g. 9000K in the morning, 3500K in the evening)
  • Around 130 shades being controlled in regards to sun position
    • Blinds are turned in an angle so no one is blinded by the sun (most people work on computers)
  • 22 heating/cooling zones
    • Heatpump system with an ice collector
    • Air renovation system based on CO2 values in the building
  • 4 entrances controlled by VOIP/video system
  • Accesscontrol with RFID & Keycode system
  • 3 conferences rooms with booking system managed by an Exchange calender
    • Individual light scenes for meeting, presentation, etc.
    • Calender is pressented on touchscreens, etc.
  • 5x 24“ touch screens with visualization of all lights, central functions, etc.
  • Alarm system
  • Presence detection of people in the building
  • ……

 … and everything controlled by a Smalltalk server.

Some pictures:

http://natural-software.eu/sneakernet/konnex/mas_bilder.zip

Video from the opening ceremy

http://natural-software.eu/sneakernet/konnex/mas_video.mp4

Our entry for the Konnex competition

https://projects.knx.org/detail?identifier=PRJ001227

The opening ceremony is also being published on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEW-Nb3SX1U

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 8:46 AM Thomas Stalzer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Richard

That was probably my fault - I updated the project with more pictures. The Konnex need to review any changes so the project was offline for a day (If I would have known that, I would have kept it unchanged.

I think it was user error, compounded by a bad UI. The MAS project was clearly visible, because I clicked on the Vote button associated with it. However, I hadn't previously registered, so the system took me on a detour to do so. When the registration finished, it returned me to the list of projects, but scrolled from what I had seen originally. I clicked the Vote button, not noticing that it was for a different project until the system responded with "You have voted for project whatever" where "whatever" was not MAS.

On Tuesday, February 18, 2020 at 9:36:00 PM UTC+1, Richard Sargent wrote:
I tried to vote for MAS, but didn't notice that it was showing me a different project after the registration detour. How can I correct my vote?

Re: Please support our project for the KNX award 2020

thomas....@natural-software.eu

;-)

Don't worry (even though a competitor got a vote....)

Re: Please support our project for the KNX award 2020

Mariano Martinez Peck-2
Wow..... has anyone here saw the video and the pics??? It looks amazing!
Excellent work Thomas. I really wish you the best. It would be a great success for the Smalltalk community.
Maybe you may want to also post this on  ESUG Mailing list <[hidden email]> to increase your audience?
What's the deadline (date) for the voting?

Best,