Please test Pharo 1.3!

Marcus Denker-4
Please test Pharo 1.3!

There is no magic.. what is now here:

        https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.3/

Will be the release. Issues fixed until the released are just those that will be detected and fixed.

There is no magic.

For those who only run released software: Version Number is 1.3. Consider this released. There will be no RC.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: Please test Pharo 1.3!

Janko Mivšek
Hi Marcus,

Aida works ok. One suggestion: put version number somewhere near Pharo
logo in main window. Otherwise is pretty hard to recognize on which
image version you are working.

Or maybe introducing Help -> About in world menu? Or both...

Thanks and best regards
Janko

S, Marcus Denker piše:

> Please test Pharo 1.3!
>
> There is no magic.. what is now here:
>
> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.3/
>
> Will be the release. Issues fixed until the released are just those that will be detected and fixed.
>
> There is no magic.
>
> For those who only run released software: Version Number is 1.3. Consider this released. There will be no RC.
>
> Marcus
>
> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Re: Please test Pharo 1.3!

Adrian Lienhard
Nice to see 1.3 coming forward!

I don't have thorough test results from real experience using 1.3, but just some remarks from randomly testing the tools for 20 or so minutes:

- Script Manager is broken: adding a script produces an error
- Transcript: I do "Transcript show: 'hello'" but nothing happens. Strange... So I click on the icons in the bottom bar, noting happens either. So I click in the main pane and get an error (errorSubscriptBounds:). Not sure how the new Transcript is supposed to be used...
- Undo with cmd-shift-z doesnt work anymore (und from the context menu works, however)

Minor stuff I noticed:
- In world menu, class browser doesn't have an icon
- MC browser and some other tools have buttons with a blue top shade, while other tools don't
- Recent submissions has syntax highlighting enabled for class comments
- The top right scroll pane of the Test Runner is too high
- The bottom pane with the buttons of the Test Runner is too high

Since I haven't worked with 1.3 yet, I can't tell about all the cool new stuff and cleanups yet. (Except for the Time Profiler I tried out, which is very cool!)

HTH,
Adrian

On Jun 28, 2011, at 12:14 , Janko Mivšek wrote:

> Hi Marcus,
>
> Aida works ok. One suggestion: put version number somewhere near Pharo
> logo in main window. Otherwise is pretty hard to recognize on which
> image version you are working.
>
> Or maybe introducing Help -> About in world menu? Or both...
>
> Thanks and best regards
> Janko
>
> S, Marcus Denker piše:
>> Please test Pharo 1.3!
>>
>> There is no magic.. what is now here:
>>
>> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.3/
>>
>> Will be the release. Issues fixed until the released are just those that will be detected and fixed.
>>
>> There is no magic.
>>
>> For those who only run released software: Version Number is 1.3. Consider this released. There will be no RC.
>>
>> Marcus
>>
>> --
>> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
>> INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.
>>

> --
> Janko Mivšek
> Svetovalec za informatiko
> Eranova d.o.o.
> Ljubljana, Slovenija
> www.eranova.si
> tel:  01 514 22 55
> faks: 01 514 22 56
> gsm: 031 674 565

Re: Please test Pharo 1.3!

Tudor Girba-2

All Moose-related projects now build on the latest Pharo 1.3 image:
ci.moosetechnology.org

Cheers,
Doru

On 28 Jun 2011, at 11:10, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Please test Pharo 1.3!
>
> There is no magic.. what is now here:
>
> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.3/
>
> Will be the release. Issues fixed until the released are just those that will be detected and fixed.
>
> There is no magic.
>
> For those who only run released software: Version Number is 1.3. Consider this released. There will be no RC.
>
> Marcus
>
> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

www.tudorgirba.com

"Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

Re: Please test Pharo 1.3!

Philippe Marschall-2
On 06/28/2011 11:10 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Please test Pharo 1.3!
>
> There is no magic.. what is now here:
>
> https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.3/
>
> Will be the release. Issues fixed until the released are just those that will be detected and fixed.
>
> There is no magic.
>
> For those who only run released software: Version Number is 1.3. Consider this released. There will be no RC.

A quick test with Seaside showed no problems.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Please test Pharo 1.3!

Fernando olivero-2
I just fixed issue 4467: Transcript show problem.

The TranscriptWindow on left click, opens a menu. Just as the previous
transcript, from there you can toggle the interactive/non interactive
morph, and the log to file.

On non interactive/read only  mode, the transcript displays a super
fast non morphic transcript contents. (This is taken from CUIS 1.3).

The custom made toolbar at the bottom, presents the status. Only info
icons, not buttons.

The transcript window presents one-line per entry, in a custom made
scrollable widget (vertical scrolling working, horizontal missing for
now ISSUE  4431).

Let me know if something else isn't clear.

Fernando

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 2:12 PM, Philippe Marschall
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 06/28/2011 11:10 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:
>> Please test Pharo 1.3!
>>
>> There is no magic.. what is now here:
>>
>>       https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/job/Pharo%201.3/
>>
>> Will be the release. Issues fixed until the released are just those that will be detected and fixed.
>>
>> There is no magic.
>>
>> For those who only run released software: Version Number is 1.3. Consider this released. There will be no RC.
>
> A quick test with Seaside showed no problems.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: Please test Pharo 1.3!

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nice to see 1.3 coming forward!

I don't have thorough test results from real experience using 1.3, but just some remarks from randomly testing the tools for 20 or so minutes:

- Script Manager is broken: adding a script produces an error

Torsten, can you take a look?

- Transcript: I do "Transcript show: 'hello'" but nothing happens. Strange... So I click on the icons in the bottom bar, noting happens either. So I click in the main pane and get an error (errorSubscriptBounds:). Not sure how the new Transcript is supposed to be used...

yes, I reported this and it was fixed.

- Undo with cmd-shift-z doesnt work anymore (und from the context menu works, however)

cmd-shift-z or cmd+z?
it works correctly here with cmd+z

Minor stuff I noticed:
- In world menu, class browser doesn't have an icon
- MC browser and some other tools have buttons with a blue top shade, while other tools don't
- Recent submissions has syntax highlighting enabled for class comments

ben, can you take a look?

- The top right scroll pane of the Test Runner is too high
- The bottom pane with the buttons of the Test Runner is too high

Since I haven't worked with 1.3 yet, I can't tell about all the cool new stuff and cleanups yet. (Except for the Time Profiler I tried out, which is very cool!)

it would be nice to create issues for the rest...

cheers

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Please test Pharo 1.3!

Torsten Bergmann

> > - Script Manager is broken: adding a script produces an error
> >

> Torsten, can you take a look?

When I downloaded a fresh Pharo-dev 1.3 from Hudson this morning
I was not able to reproduce this. ScriptManager worked without a
problem.

The only problem I noticed was that there was no styling
(which is fixed by replacing MorphicTextEditor with PluggableTextMorph
in a new "ScriptManager-Core-tbn.13").

Feel free to integrate this version.

It would also nice if ScriptManager would support autocompletion
but I got lost in all these completionController stuff...
If anyone knows how to apply it feel free to have a look.

Dont know about the state of completion these days ... but it
would be nice if this would just be an option one sets on the editor.

Bye
T.

Re: Please test Pharo 1.3!

Stéphane Ducasse

> Dont know about the state of completion these days ... but it
> would be nice if this would just be an option one sets on the editor.

yes but if nobody looks it will not happen :)

Re: Please test Pharo 1.3!

Schwab,Wilhelm K
My objective was to make it respect the enable/disable setting, and I tracked it to ECToolSet class>>codeCompletionAround:textMorph:keyStroke:.  At that level, completion reduces to having a controller and doing some event handling.  HTH.

> > - Script Manager is broken: adding a script produces an error
> >

> Torsten, can you take a look?

When I downloaded a fresh Pharo-dev 1.3 from Hudson this morning
I was not able to reproduce this. ScriptManager worked without a
problem.

The only problem I noticed was that there was no styling
(which is fixed by replacing MorphicTextEditor with PluggableTextMorph
in a new "ScriptManager-Core-tbn.13").

Feel free to integrate this version.

It would also nice if ScriptManager would support autocompletion
but I got lost in all these completionController stuff...
If anyone knows how to apply it feel free to have a look.

Dont know about the state of completion these days ... but it
would be nice if this would just be an option one sets on the editor.

Bye
T.

Re: Please test Pharo 1.3!

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 01 Jul 2011, at 09:10, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> It would also nice if ScriptManager would support autocompletion

+1

Re: Please test Pharo 1.3!

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > - Script Manager is broken: adding a script produces an error
> >

> Torsten, can you take a look?

When I downloaded a fresh Pharo-dev 1.3 from Hudson this morning
I was not able to reproduce this. ScriptManager worked without a
problem.

The only problem I noticed was that there was no styling
(which is fixed by replacing MorphicTextEditor with PluggableTextMorph
in a new "ScriptManager-Core-tbn.13").

thanks

Feel free to integrate this version.

done