PlotKit alternative

Karsten Kusche
Hi there,

i wanted to use PlotKit to draw some line graphs but figured it's
completely useless for this task. You can't assign different colors for
each line, which makes the whole graph thing a bit pointless. Does
anyone know an alternative that can be used with seaside?

Kind Regards
Karsten

--
Karsten Kusche - Dipl.Inf. - [hidden email]
Tel: +49 3496 21 43 29

Re: PlotKit alternative

Gerhard Obermann
Hi!

I am aware of:

http://www.squeaksource.com/SWFObject.html
http://www.squeaksource.com/OpenFlashChart.html
Examples at:
http://udos.seasidehosting.st/seaside/examples/ofc

Squeaksource link
http://www.squeaksource.com/flotr.html
Examples at:
http://ibms1.intgo.net/ssh1/examples/flotr

And GoogleChart, PlotKit at
http://www.squeaksource.com/seachart.html

cheers
Gerhard

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Karsten <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there,

i wanted to use PlotKit to draw some line graphs but figured it's completely useless for this task. You can't assign different colors for each line, which makes the whole graph thing a bit pointless. Does anyone know an alternative that can be used with seaside?

Kind Regards
Karsten

--
Karsten Kusche - Dipl.Inf. - [hidden email]
Tel: +49 3496 21 43 29
Georg Heeg eK - Köthen
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Dortmund A 12812

Re: PlotKit alternative

SebastianHC
Hi Karsten,

 I used http://solutoire.com/plotr/
With some tweaks I was even able to implement streaming charts with
this. It's based on PlotKit.

Cheers!
Sebastian

Karsten schrieb:

> Hi there,
>
> i wanted to use PlotKit to draw some line graphs but figured it's
> completely useless for this task. You can't assign different colors
> for each line, which makes the whole graph thing a bit pointless. Does
> anyone know an alternative that can be used with seaside?
>
> Kind Regards
> Karsten

Re: PlotKit alternative

Karsten Kusche
Thx a lot,

Flotr and Plotr both look pretty much like what i was looking for, i'll
have a look!

Kind Regards
Karsten

Sebastian Heidbrink wrote:

> Hi Karsten,
>
> I used http://solutoire.com/plotr/
> With some tweaks I was even able to implement streaming charts with
> this. It's based on PlotKit.
>
> Cheers!
> Sebastian
>
> Karsten schrieb:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> i wanted to use PlotKit to draw some line graphs but figured it's
>> completely useless for this task. You can't assign different colors
>> for each line, which makes the whole graph thing a bit pointless.
>> Does anyone know an alternative that can be used with seaside?
>>
>> Kind Regards
>> Karsten

Karsten Kusche - Dipl.Inf. - [hidden email]
Tel: +49 3496 21 43 29
Georg Heeg eK - Köthen
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Dortmund A 12812

Re: PlotKit alternative

Philippe Marschall
2009/4/7 Karsten <[hidden email]>:
> Hi there,
>
> i wanted to use PlotKit to draw some line graphs but figured it's completely
> useless for this task. You can't assign different colors for each line,
> which makes the whole graph thing a bit pointless.

Have you tried using a custom color scheme?

Cheers
Philippe

Re: PlotKit alternative

Karsten Kusche
Hi Philippe,

as far as i can tell the color scheme only effects the fill colors and not the lines, but maybe i just didn't try hard enough.

Kind Regards
Karsten

2009/4/8 Karsten <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Philippe,
>
> as far as i can tell the color scheme only effects the fill colors and not
> the lines, but maybe i just didn't try hard enough.

Are you doing a line chart and want to change the colors of the lines?

Cheers
Philippe

Re: PlotKit alternative

Ryan Simmons-2
I would recomend flotr over plotr as it will work with the same
version of prototype.js that comes with scriptaculous. I remember that
there where a few things in scriptaculous that would not work properly
if I was using plotr because of the older prototype.js file.

2009/4/8 Karsten <[hidden email]>:

> exactly... i don't want to fill the graph with some color as it hides the
> other lines. A graph with multiple datasets and each in the same color is
> just a bunch of black lines that don't tell nothing. It seems Plotr fixes
> this limitation.
>
> Kind Regards
> Karsten
>

> Philippe Marschall wrote:
>
> 2009/4/8 Karsten <[hidden email]>:
>

> Hi Philippe,
>
> as far as i can tell the color scheme only effects the fill colors and not
> the lines, but maybe i just didn't try hard enough.
>

> Are you doing a line chart and want to change the colors of the lines?
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

> Karsten Kusche - Dipl.Inf. - [hidden email]
> Tel: +49 3496 21 43 29
> Georg Heeg eK - Köthen
> Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Dortmund A 12812

Re: PlotKit alternative

Karsten Kusche
Thx!
i've found the Flotr package in squeaksource and ported it to VisualWorks. It's called Seaside-Flotr and can be found in the public store.

Kind Regards
Karsten