PluginBasedJPEGReadWriter anomaly

Gary Chambers-4
Hi all.
Iv'e noticed a slight anomaly with the PluginBasedJPEGReadWriter when reading jpeg files (at least on Windows platforms).
The upper left pixel appears to be white and the whole left-hand column of pixels have anomalous values.

Attached, for reference, are screenshots when using the plugin, the original Smalltalk implementation and Windows picture viewer.

Regards, Gary

PluginJPEG.png (50K) Download Attachment
ExplorerJPEG.png (19K) Download Attachment
StandardJPEG.png (50K) Download Attachment

Re: PluginBasedJPEGReadWriter anomaly

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Gary,

2010/7/6 Gary Chambers <[hidden email]>
Hi all.
Iv'e noticed a slight anomaly with the PluginBasedJPEGReadWriter when reading jpeg files (at least on Windows platforms).
The upper left pixel appears to be white and the whole left-hand column of pixels have anomalous values.

COuld you help me reproduce this case exactly?  We had a crash a few weeks ago in te JPEG plugin but have not been able to find the data that reproduced it.  Looks like you have a case which causes the plugin to behave incorrectly.  So how do I run the plygin case and the non-plugin case side-by-side?

TIA
Eliot

Attached, for reference, are screenshots when using the plugin, the original Smalltalk implementation and Windows picture viewer.

Regards, Gary

Re: PluginBasedJPEGReadWriter anomaly

Gary Chambers-4
Well, I get the same result when loading any JPEG (Windows VM 4.0.2).
Easiest to just drag a JPEG image into the Pharo window and choose "open graphic in window".

Distinctive top-left pixel (actually transparent now I investigate further) along with bad edge.

To compare, change
PluginBasedJPEGReadWriter>>understandsImageFormat

to return false (will then use original JPEGReadWriter).

Regards, Gary