Plugins overview

Torsten Bergmann
Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
> If you want that I try it tell me where I can find it.
> Then another question is
> what is the fallback if people do not have the plugin (I mean
> something else than getting a primitive failed).

Dear Santa,

it would be nice to have a page on the pharo-project website
with an overview and downloadable precompiled versions of all the
plugins available.

Name           ! Win32               ! Mac ! Linux !
OSProcess      ! OSProcessPlugin.dll ! ... ! ...   !
SqueakFFIPrims ! SqueakFFIPrims.dll  !     !       !

I know that in Squeakland everybody works on a dev-machine with
the latest compiler and vmmaker tool chain installed - but in
the pharo land things should be more accessible (from a website).

Thanks
T.

--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a

Re: Plugins overview

Michael Rueger-6
Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>> If you want that I try it tell me where I can find it.
>> Then another question is
>> what is the fallback if people do not have the plugin (I mean
>> something else than getting a primitive failed).
>

> Dear Santa,
>
> it would be nice to have a page on the pharo-project website
> with an overview and downloadable precompiled versions of all the
> plugins available.

Dear Torsten,

is on its way.

Santa (aka Michael who was supposed to start this two weeks ago)

Re: Plugins overview

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Michael Rueger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Torsten Bergmann wrote:
> Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>> If you want that I try it tell me where I can find it.
>> Then another question is
>>      what is the fallback if people do not have the plugin (I mean
>> something else than getting a primitive failed).
>

> Dear Santa,
>
> it would be nice to have a page on the pharo-project website
> with an overview and downloadable precompiled versions of all the
> plugins available.

I think this is ok. But I would also add a text that explains the mandatory or recommended plugins for a Pharo imagen. For example, TrueType. In addition, we can post the script that let the user know if he has or not those plugins.
Moreover, we can put the links of this plugins (as torsten said.

What do you think?

Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> it would be nice to have a page on the pharo-project website
> with an overview and downloadable precompiled versions of all the
> plugins available.
>

> Name           ! Win32               ! Mac ! Linux !
> OSProcess      ! OSProcessPlugin.dll ! ... ! ...   !
> SqueakFFIPrims ! SqueakFFIPrims.dll  !     !       !

Here is a start, although still largely incomplete and no download links
yet:

http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/VMPluginOverview

Input, links to pre-compiled and missing plugins welcome!

Michael