PocketPC version available?

Jean-Jacques Moreau
Is a version of Dolphin for PocketPC/WinCE already available? Are
there any plans for building one?

Jean-Jacques Moreau.
Canon Research

Re: PocketPC version available?

Andy Bower
Jean-Jacques,

> Is a version of Dolphin for PocketPC/WinCE already available? Are
> there any plans for building one?

We don't currently have a Dolphin VM that will run on this platform.
However, we are investigating how our future VM strategy can take in these
devices. It's going to take some time but... watch this space.

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com

---
Visit the Dolphin Smalltalk WikiWeb
http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Dolphin/FrontPage.htm
---

Re: PocketPC version available?

Davorin Rusevljan-2
"Andy Bower" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:9f55qv$2cngq$[hidden email]...

> We don't currently have a Dolphin VM that will run on this platform.
> However, we are investigating how our future VM strategy can take in these
> devices. It's going to take some time but... watch this space.

I would you also be looking at X-box :) ?

Davorin Rusevljan

Andy Bower wrote:

> We don't currently have a Dolphin VM that will run on this platform.
> However, we are investigating how our future VM strategy can take in these
> devices. It's going to take some time but... watch this space.

Sounds cool!

Please keep us posted. (But of course, the sooner, the better! :)).

Jean-Jacques.

Re: PocketPC version available?

keith
Jean-Jacques Moreau <[hidden email]> wrote in message news:<[hidden email]>...

> Andy Bower wrote:
>
> > We don't currently have a Dolphin VM that will run on this platform.
> > However, we are investigating how our future VM strategy can take in these
> > devices. It's going to take some time but... watch this space.
>
> Sounds cool!
>
> Please keep us posted. (But of course, the sooner, the better! :)).
>
> Jean-Jacques.

If you're not tied to pocketpc, you might consider pocketsmalltalk.
It's available for the Palm platform, and the development environment
is based on dolphin. www.pocketsmalltalk.com/1.6

Re: PocketPC version available?

Steve Taylor
ksbag wrote:

> If you're not tied to pocketpc, you might consider pocketsmalltalk.
> It's available for the Palm platform, and the development environment
> is based on dolphin. www.pocketsmalltalk.com/1.6

Yep. The only reason I bought a Palm was because I could write Smalltalk
on it. Should Dolphin port to CE I'll be buying one of them as well.
Here's hoping...

                              Steve