Point3D?

Udo Schneider
All,

I'm currently implementing a wrapper for the LeapMotion Controller. Most
of the values are Points in 3D space. So I'm searching for "the"
standard package providing something like Point3D. Or did I miss the
correct class in the base image?

Thanks,

Udo

Re: Point3D?

Esteban A. Maringolo
You can file it in from Dolphin... ;-)
It's a plain simple class.

Esteban A. Maringolo

2013/9/12 Udo Schneider <[hidden email]>
All,

I'm currently implementing a wrapper for the LeapMotion Controller. Most of the values are Points in 3D space. So I'm searching for "the" standard package providing something like Point3D. Or did I miss the correct class in the base image?

Thanks,

Udo

Re: Point3D?

Udo Schneider
I'm not quite sure about the license of the class in Dolphin. So I'll
make something simple on my own. I basically just need some structured
storage and don't like the three-element Array approach.

Thanks,

Udo

On 12.09.13 23:25, Esteban A. Maringolo wrote:

> You can file it in from Dolphin... ;-)
> It's a plain simple class.
>

> Esteban A. Maringolo
>

> 2013/9/12 Udo Schneider
> <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     All,
>
>     I'm currently implementing a wrapper for the LeapMotion Controller.
>     Most of the values are Points in 3D space. So I'm searching for
>     "the" standard package providing something like Point3D. Or did I
>     miss the correct class in the base image?
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Udo

Re: Point3D?

Cameron Sanders
If you plan to do some 3D visualization, then you should look at some of the libraries. I know there were a couple of wrappers for OpenGL. I seem to recall Squeak had Croquet, which had 3d visualization. Often these 3D visualization tools have some analysis tools too, including segmentation, etc. And of course, you will find all the standard vector methods in any of these libraries.

You didn't mention visualization, but if you have 3d data... ... it seems like you will find  a use for it.

Good Luck,
Cam