Pointer problem when creating an executable

Pointer problem when creating an executable

Long Haired David
I have a client who is trying to make an executable under 9.1. He had done this many times with the same code under previous versions (probably up to 8.6.2).

He is getting an error as follows:

"pointer to procedure EsGetUPtr missing"

I don't believe that he uses pointers in his code.

I don't have current access to his code. Before I do, (I am in the UK and he is in the US so it is all over the net) I wondered if anyone has any clues as to what has happened here?

David

David
Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Re: Pointer problem when creating an executable

Seth Berman
Hi David,

I'm assuming your client is a VA customer?  If so, feel free to send in a support case on this and we can figure it out.

- Seth

On Tuesday, June 25, 2019 at 12:39:48 PM UTC-4, Totally Objects wrote:
I have a client who is trying to make an executable under 9.1. He had done this many times with the same code under previous versions (probably up to 8.6.2).

He is getting an error as follows:

"pointer to procedure EsGetUPtr missing"

I don't believe that he uses pointers in his code.

I don't have current access to his code. Before I do, (I am in the UK and he is in the US so it is all over the net) I wondered if anyone has any clues as to what has happened here?

David

Re: Pointer problem when creating an executable

Long Haired David
Thanks. I did that and Mariano was onto the case as soon as he could. It turned out that the build was referencing old 8.6.2 dlls. Problem solved. Top service.

David
Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Re: Pointer problem when creating an executable

Seth Berman
Hi David,

Excellent...that's what we like to hear!

- Seth