Pollock tab order questions

1 message Options

Pollock tab order questions

Rich Demers
Hi all,
I'm building a simple GUI using Pollock. I built it first using wrappers and then using Pollock so I could compare the results. So far, so good, but I have questions about setting tab order that I haven't been able to find answers to. In my createInterface method I define a TextEdit pane as follows:

descriptionField := widget := TextEdit new.
widget id: #descriptionField.
widget frame: (FractionalFrame leftFraction: 0 offset: 90 topFraction: 1 offset: -168 rightFraction: 1 offset: -12 bottomFraction: 1 offset: -64).
widget beVisible: true;
     verticalScrollbar: true.
self addComponent: widget.
self addTabOrderPane: widget.

Here are my questions:
  1. The last statement is to add the new TextEdit pane to the tab order, but how do I turn off tabbing within the TextEdit pane so that tab goes to the next pane. In wrappers there is a #tabRequiresControl: attribute that can be set to false.  Is there something similar in Pollock?
  2. The first two panes in my GUI are ListBoxes.I set them at the beginning of the tab order using the same technique, but they don't seem to have any effect -- at least not the effects I see in the wrappers version.  Am I missing something?
Rich

"To build good systems, build good subsystems!"