PolyMath - extra features (while in migration)

PolyMath - extra features (while in migration)

Alexey Cherkaev
Hi all,

I've set up the github repository https://github.com/mobius-eng/PolyMath-Extensions based on filetree to put what I'm currently working on.

Reason: PolyMath is still in transition from SciSmalltalk and there is still quite a bit of work needs to be done on it (including substantial renaming). So, it might not be the best idea to add new features to PolyMath at this stage. Instead, I would add new features to a new repository and integrate them with PolyMath as the transition progresses.

What I will be doing:
  1. I will keep updating my repository from the latest PolyMath build to ensure everything works.
  2. The features I will be introducing:
    1. Iterative linear solvers: CG (already done), BiCGStab (in progress), GEMRES (maybe in the future, it requires quite a lot of extra work to implement).
    2. Nonlinear solvers for vector-to-vector problems: Newton's method, Broyden's method (also, maybe)
    3. ODE: AM and BDF with variable step size and variable approximation order and iterative predictor-corrector (slightly longer term: automatic switch between the two depending if the problem is stiff or not, similar to LSODE).
  3. One a particular feature is stable, I will push it to PolyMath.

If you have any thoughts, suggestions, or if you would want to contribute, please, let me know.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SciSmalltalk" group.