PolyMath v1.0.2 release

SergeStinckwich
Dear all,

we are happy to announce the release of PolyMath 1.0.2, the
computational framework for Pharo. This release works on Pharo 7.0 and Pharo 8.0. All the 815 tests and the CI are green on MacOs, Windows and Linux :-)

Please find more information about the project here:
https://github.com/PolyMathOrg/PolyMath

Changelog of modifications since version 1.0.1 is available here:
https://github.com/PolyMathOrg/PolyMath/milestone/4?closed=1

You can install the 1.0.2 version in a fresh Pharo 7.0&8.0 with the
following code snippet:

Metacello new
repository: 'github://PolyMathOrg/PolyMath:v1.0.2/src';
baseline: 'PolyMath';
load

You can join the dev team on #polymath channel for weekly meetings on Thursday. We are looking for more people for tests and contributions.

I'm starting a small experiment. If you want to support me working on PolyMath or others of my project like Tensorflow Pharo bindings, you can be one of my github sponsors.

Please give a monthly support here:

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwic

Int. Research Unit
 on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
Sorbonne University
 (SU)
French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)
niversity of Yaoundé I, Cameroon
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich

Re: [Pharo-users] PolyMath v1.0.2 release

SergeStinckwich

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 7:48 AM Markus Stumptner <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks for keeping working on this. I have a question, how much are the core classes of Polymath changed beyond the original Besset classes (or, beyond the "PM" prefix, how much has been changed relative to those that come with the Visualworks distribution)?   I'm not asking about external bindings such as the Tensorflow stuff, just the consistency of protocols for internal code.  We have some long-running projects and compatibility across environments (beyond the obvious environment differences) is quite important.

Hi Markus,

thank you for your interest for PolyMath !
I add the polymath mailing-list in CC. This is a better place for discussions for PolyMath issues instead of Pharo-users.

Unfortunately, I dunno exactly how much changes has been done compared to the original version, because we add a lot of unit tests, we fix bugs, we add new functionalities like automatic differentiation, ODE solvers, data analysis tools, etc ... Even if Didier Besset's code still represents an important part of PolyMath, this percentage decreases as we add more functionalities.

If you want to continue to use the original code, this is still possible to find the original version of SqueakSource I think.

I would be interested to know what you are doing with PolyMath. If this is something that you could not share here, you can send me a private email. You can also contribute bugs/code: https://github.com/PolyMathOrg/PolyMath/issues

If someone want a port of last version of PolyMath to VW, please contribute some fundings :-)

Regards,