Polycephaly tutorial?

Conrad Taylor
Hi, where can I find an example tutorial of Polycephaly as used within Visualworks Smalltalk?

--

Think different and code well,

-Conrad

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Michael Lucas-Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are the examples on the package comment not enough?

What's the name of the package?  Is this something that's installed by default?

On Jun 9, 2012, at 8:09 PM, Conrad Taylor wrote:

Hi, where can I find an example tutorial of Polycephaly as used within Visualworks Smalltalk?

--

Think different and code well,

-Conrad

Think different and code well,

-Conrad

Re: Polycephaly tutorial?

Mark Roberts
Conrad,

Load the parcel, open a System Browser and select the Polycephaly package.

You should see the package comment selected by default, below. This includes code examples that you can select and "Do It".

Some of the contained classes are missing comments, but the package comment might be enough.

Parenthetically, where were you expecting to find this information? We assume these things should be obvious but sometimes they're not. Your feedback can be helpful.

HTH,

M. Roberts
Cincom Systems, Inc.

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 9:48 PM, Mark D. Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:
Conrad,

Load the parcel, open a System Browser and select the Polycephaly package.

You should see the package comment selected by default, below. This includes code examples that you can select and "Do It".

Some of the contained classes are missing comments, but the package comment might be enough.

Parenthetically, where were you expecting to find this information? We assume these things should be obvious but sometimes they're not. Your feedback can be helpful.

Mark, I was expecting see complete instructions and example code within the PDF documentation but there was a page of information.  Also, this information was contained within the release notes.  However, I was able to find a presentation on Polycephaly here which goes into much great detail than the release notes for VW 7.8:

Is there a parcel, package, and/or bundle which contains the Polycephaly test cases/scenarios?

On 6/11/2012 3:17 PM, Conrad Taylor wrote:
Mark, I was expecting see complete instructions and example code within the PDF documentation but there was a page of information.  Also, this information was contained within the release notes.  However, I was able to find a presentation on Polycephaly here which goes into much great detail than the release notes for VW 7.8:

Glad to hear you found Arden's PPT.

Also, it's useful to have this general feedback. We are interested in a more unified presentation of the documentation.

Is there a parcel, package, and/or bundle which contains the Polycephaly test cases/scenarios?

Yes, there should be a parcel in the standard release called "Polycephaly-Tests". Try the System > Load Parcels Named... menu pick in the Launcher.